Followers

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Roses

A multi layered very pink card which I tried to create with a vintage feel, not having tried vintage before I think this fits the criteria <g>.  I created the background in Photoshop and used one of the brushed by Obsidian Dawn for the scrolled image and added a sentiment from Digi Darla.  The frame was created in Illustrator, what a fun morning I had created them.  I printed the frame on card for a bit more stability and cut it out.  Two digis were used  Roses On Bush from Digi Darla and Dragonfly by Sandi Samples.  The uncoloured rose was printed on the DP and a second copy so I could decoupage it a bit.  The dragonfly was also printed twice, once on card and the other on acetate. For the rose I coloured both the main image and the decoupaged right bottom section with Promarkers, for the dragonfly I again used Promarkers (not easy on the acetate as I had had to use more of a blobbing action to stop one colour removing the other lol).  The acetate wings were then attached to the body and attached to the card with foam tape.

Lace was attached to the back of the frame and this was then mounted on the card with foam tape, pearls and pink Liquid Pearls were then used to finish off.



Inside of card
Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digis - Roses On Bush from Digi Darla, May Love Return To You This Day also from Digi Darla  and Dragonfly by Sandi Samples
  • Photoshop brush from Obsidian Dawn
  • ProMarkers used - Maroon, Cerise, Rose Pink, Blossom, Ivory, Apple, Meadow Green, Lime Green, Lime Zest and Gold Metallic
  • Lace, pearls, Stickles etc from my stash
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful love the images you have used. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a pretty card, The old fashioned country cottage rose digi is perfect and the dragon fly looks so natural hovering over the open bloom. Pink, pearls, lace .... well this vintage lady (lady??? Mmmm) loves this vintage card.... and it comes ready framed - I like that technique. Love you xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beutiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our CYDI? challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous, love everything about it, it is so elegant. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love how you've layered your card!

    Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!!! Wow. I adore the dragonfly :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!

    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card! Love the image! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi