Followers

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Make 1 For Christmas


Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #179

Theme ' Make 1 For Christmas'

The sponsor this week is  StitchyBear Digi Outlet where you can win $9 to spend at our store ( If you use a digi from StitchyBear Digi Outlet )

There seems to have been a lot of Christmas preparations in the crafty world going at the moment and this is something I am far from used to (I only start thinking about Christmas a couple of days before the day not being one for all the commercial hype <g>).  There - moan over for now :)

For this card I used an image by our gorgeous Stitchy called 'Sweet Santa' available from The Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet.  I thought I would do something a little different and put the digi on the inside of the card so when you look at the card from the front of Santa's house, you look through the window and can see Santa preening himself ready for the upcoming celebrations.  He has such a busy night on December 24th so I hope he gets paid overtime :)

Inside of card - I designed the wallpaper for Santa's bedroom with white roses, I have a feeling Mrs. Clause would choose this so I hope she is pleased hahahahahaha

Close up on Santa, coloured with Promarkers.

Ingredients:-
  • Card  - Red Hammer card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - 'Sweet Santa' by Stitchy and available at the StitchyBear Digital Outlet
  • Promarkers for colouring of digi
  • Wallpaper by me
  • Other DP's from my stash
  • White glitter paper for HO HO HO attached with foam tape for added dimension
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

12 comments:

  1. I feel as though I'm being a naughty girl peeping on Father Christmas as he dresses for the biggest night of his year :-) The one thing I am not going to 'feel' is my house walls ....I've got plain old brickwork and Santa's home looks as if it is built of Cotswold stone ....mmmm, I think there might be a bit of artistic licence here :-) I do agree that Mother Christmas would want her oh so generous and busy husband to have a 'homely' home and the white Rose wallpaper is perfect. What a fun card this is .......inspired me to pick up my Christmas knitting. Love you xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Ingrid I feel naughty looking in his window but I love your stone background and the inside of you card. Great job!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fabulous - I love that paper with the stone work - it's perfect for this card, and the inside is as lovely as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just brilliant! Ho, ho, ho. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest card EVER! Love that you designed the wallpaper with Mrs. Claus in mind! So darling!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT Christmas card! Love that you have the coloured image on the inside of the card; the Christmassy scene you've created is very clever. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I like the image, and the design. Thank you for joining i with us at Graph'It Colour Challenge, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever card! Love your perfumed Santa! Thanks for playing at JAI this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool - what a great idea - I love the window. Very cute Santa image too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  11. Santa looks like he is having fun getting ready for his big night!
    Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, fabulous scene, thanks for joining us at Graph'It colour challenge, karenx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi