Followers

Monday, September 23, 2013

Gems and Bling!!!

How can anybody resist and Gems and Bling challenge :)

The other day I was thinking of ways of using metal with my die cutter, I know some people split open fizzy drinks cans and use that and another alternative is to use roof flashing.  I really don't fancy attacking a fizzy drinks can - knowing me it would end up with a trip to hospital and I have not been able to find any roof flashing where I am so that is out too.  After a bit of thought I got out the heavy duty tinfoil and folded a piece three times to make eight layers, put a die on top and ran it through the die cutter - worked a treat.  So today, I have had the chance to make a metal border using the same method, must say, I am really pleased with the outcome.  For this card I used black pearlized card as my base and the digi ' Pegasus' by Delicious Doodles.  I printed the digi three times and had planned to colour it in shades of grey but changed my mind at the last minute.  Instead I covered each copy with Silver Ice Stickles and left to dry.  Next I decoupaged the image, base layer, middle layer of horse body, legs and mane then the top layer of just the head. The two top layers were attached with foam tape. The die used for the border is Memory Box Big Splash which I cut four times. I added purple heart gems and clear gems intertwined in the border.  To finish off I cut another piece of black card with Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels 20 and added a silver peel-off sentiment.

Ingredients:-
  • Black Pearl card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - ' Pegasus' by Delicious Doodles
  • Dies - Memory Box Big Splash and Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels 20
  • Peel-off sentiment, gems and Stickles from my stash
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty - love Pegasus. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that was brilliant!!! Totally love the great border you have created this way ;o) Fabulous use of this digi

    Thanks for joining at Delicious doodles challenges. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pegasus is really sweet. Great cutting with the foil.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so beautiful. Love the black, pink and silver and all the jewel accents.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful image and I really think the silver against the black with the gems is a fabulous look, so striking.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love how you used the foil, I must try this myself it looks fab on the black background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CCM. Jules DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a stunner you have created here treasure. The foil border is spectacular and shown so wonderfully on the black card. The gems are wonderful too .....adds such a chic look. I love the way you have 'painted' Pegasus ....He looks so mystical and just lovely ....once again against the black card and silver border xxx ♥ ♥



    ReplyDelete
  8. Your frilly foil diecut is amazing! Thanks for playing at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a striking card - love the pegasus image. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CYP! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, this is really impressive! And so creative, love your project. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi