I made this card today for the City Crafter Challenge who have a challenge on the go this week 'Birds and must use Blue' - just what the doctor ordered lol, I love birds and I love blue.
For this card I first used Spellbinder die Grand Scalloped Ovals - 6 to cut out the most beautiful blue and gold paper I got years ago from Craft Creations, it was an off-cut in their bargain bin :) Next I covered the whole card with blue lace. Next was to cut the digi out, I printed it three times so I could decoupage areas. The digi used is from Coosty Creations called Widow Bird and is part of the digi and digi paper paper pack available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. The first bird layer was cut out using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 20 and the second and third layers fussy cut and decoupaged. I attached the top edge of the fussy cut sections with Zig Zag glue and the lower edges with double sided foam tape with the intention the that no seams would be visible, it looks good in real life but not very noticeable in the photo, I guess I should have taken a side view :( Now that fussy cutting was a pain in the B**t but worth it. I used the same die set to cut the blue mount which was embossed with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The edges of both layers were edged with gold pen. Finally I used the dies again to make the label which is tucked behind the image with a decorative pull to get hold of and pull it out. I added a blue gem and a coin metal charm to the tassel pull.
Card with sentiment tag pulled out
Close up of label
- White Linen card and blue gold paper from Craft Creations
- Digi - Widow Bird Digital Stamp and Paper Pack by Coosty Creations
- Dies - Spellbinder Grand Scalloped Ovals - 6 and Nestabilities Labels 20
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
- Pearls, lace, twine etc from my stash
- City Crafter - #175 Bird(s) AND must use the color BLUE (Sept 10)
- Cuttlebug Mania - Back To Nature (Sept 19)
- Creative Card Crew - #44 Things With Wings (Sept 16 (2))
- Paper Makeup Stamps - #104 - Pearls and Lace (Sept 10)
- Through The Purple Haze - Use Your Dies (Sept 8)
- Marks Finest Papers and Stamps - Frame It (Sept 8)