Challenge 274 Theme
'Anything Goes with RECYCLING'
Take 2 of my effort for this challenge. My first effort ended up in the bin lol - I made a box and covered it with sweetie wrappers which I have hung onto for about eight months. Unfortunately the week before making it I had a massive tidy up and threw all but three of the papers out - as you can imagine with just three sweetie papers to cover a box it was rather sad. So now we have my second attempt, a mini album made from the inner tube of some cling film but into four sectons (I never think to keep toilet roll tubes grrr). This really is a mini album lol but rather cute. After cutting my tube into four sections I covered each part with papers used from Floral Vintage 1 by Coosty Creations. Next I used some old card I had printed unsuccessfully but did not chuck out cut my front and back covers plus four tags. These were also covered with papers from the paper pack. All the pages and tags were then rubbed around the edges with a gold ink pad. Last week I got some great sentiment rubber stamps in the post so these were used to stamp text on each page and tag. On the back of each tag I added a small plain die cut in which a personal message can be written. Each of the page holders then had the same embellishments added, offcuts from some rose and gold lace, Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork die cuts which I then painted with a gold paint pen and white lace flowers with pearls in the centre. The front cover page was given a little more treatment with a rose and humming bird which I made from clay and moulds I have for silver clay, these were then coloured with Promarkers and my gold paint pen. I then used one of the papers again and mounted it on a bit of card to die cut my daughters initials N. B. The tags were embellished with gold peel off stickers.
Front and Back Cover
Close up of the clay rose and humming bird I made
- Colouring medium -
- Dies - Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork, Tattered Lace Alphabet
- Stamps - various sentiment rubber stamps from different companies
- From my Stash - clay rose and humming bird, lace, vinyl stickers, gold paint, gold pen, rubber sentiment stamps, lace flowers, eyelets, cling film tube, scrap card,
- Addicted to Stamps 2W Must include Stamping (no precolored digi's) #134 Lots of Layers + a Stamp (W2 of 2)
- Amusing - W, 2E, no digi - Anything Goes with a Rubber Stamp
- Pile It On - 2W - Use theme & at least one other challenge, #120 Scrap and Cutoffs (W1 of 2)
- We Love 2 Create - 2W, 2E, F, SIO - Always Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
- Alphabet Challenge - 2W, 1E, - (W1 of 2) - R for Recipe* (use at least 3 ingredients from the grid)
- Quick Quotes - M (first Friday of the month), E1, SIO - No.68 - October - Stamps and Embellishments
- Creates and Makes M, 3E, last Tue - Anything Goes with optional: Use Ribbon/Lace