To begin with I cut my card blank and covered it with a design paper I have had for years, I think it came in a multi surprise pack I bought about six years ago. Next I took some woven stuff I had and cut it into three strips, trimmed the edges then overlaid this on top of the covered card blank with adhesive spray.
, isn't it just fabulous, so full of movement. I knew this digi was going to be a challenge, trying to keep all that movement alive but worth a shot. My daughter loves horses and got her first horse a few months ago (after having waited 32 years lol) and this card is for her.
To finish off the digi I used clear embossing powder on the butterfly, leaves and wee flowers.
I wanted to add a charm to the card so found a silver heart I had and, with my gold Promarker, coloured it to match the card. I also printed out a mount for the digi to be placed on with the text 'magical, fantasy, beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. With my dreadful spelling I had to double check if beholder was correct and found out by fluke it was also the name of the horse that was the winner of the 2013 Breeders' Cup Distaff - how cool is that!!!! Next I cut some of the same paper I had used for the mount with the sentiment and covered it with brown lace to create another mount. I also had a bit of ribbon cut but forgot to put that in front of the camera when I snapped this pic.
Now time to assemble my card and here we have the finished creation :)
Followed this sketch from Sketch N Stash
- White card from Craft Creations
- Digi - UNICORN DREAMS by Karen Middleton, available from Sweet Pea Stamps
- Lace, dp, mesh, buttons, clear embossing powder, charm and ribbon from my stash
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-
- One Sweet Challenge - February, Love
- Sketch N Stash - 2W, use new or neglected items - (Week 2) Sketch* - my neglected items are the dp which I have had for about 7 years and the mesh which was just opened for this and I have had for a couple of years <g>
- Crafty Sentiment Designs W, 1E, SIO - Love
- Everybody-Art-Challenge W - #267 Ribbon and Lace
- Card Mania - 2W, 3E - (Week 1) Use a Sentiment
- The East Wind Challenge - P1/15, 3E, UC Love
- Brown Sugar – W, E2 - No. 82 - Use a Charm
- Get Inky! - W, 2E - No.8 - Buttons, Buttons Everywhere