Hello folks. We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.
Our sponsor this week is Creative Craft World with a prize of 3 Promarkers. To win this prize you MUST use a digi from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. A second prize of $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet will be given to an entrant who does not use a SB product.
This week I had the opportunity of choosing a digi from our one and only Stitchy of Stitchy Stamps. With this being a love challenge it had to be Mandolin. Our theme is Girly and what immediately comes to mind is a card for a little girl. I did one of those last week and was not in my comfort zone and although I need more practice in them, two weeks running was a bit to much for my brain to handle. So my interpretation of 'girly' is something a bloke won't want to receive <g>. I rather fancied something different this time and ended up designing a lattice die cut card front with lattice on one side the area where the digi would be placed left alone. To this I then created a shape which would follow the shape of the digi and the edge of the lattice design. Next to cut it out and see what it looked like. yes, pleased with that. Next I embossed the cut out fronw with a music embossing folder to tie in with the digi and the sentiment I planned to use. I raided my magazines for some dp, not something I do often lol and found what I thought would be perfect for the colours I wanted to use. Next I printed the digi and coloured with Promarkers then mounted on black card to pick out the black from the dp. The digi was mounted with foam tape for added dimension. For the sentiment layer I used acetate which was attached behind the front of the card and cut to the same size and the card size, giving the impression of a shape card but allowing me to position the text in a way it could be seen but not be the main focal point. Next flowers - I am not very good at making flowers but today I was going to try and conquer this. A die I have had by Marianne Design -craftables-flower set seemed to be the one to try. I must say, I am really pleased with the outcome. Some time ago I picked up a few flower stamens, they have lived in a drawer for ages but today they saw daylight and worked so well with the die. Another Marianne die was used called Lavender which I cut in black three times and placed behind the flowers I made. To finish off I added some shiny black gems to the floral section and Stickles to the bracelet and mandolin and flower head piece :)
Close-up of the sentiment. I chose not to have the sentiment jump out at you as I really wanted the digi and the flowers to be the main focal point. By printing the sentiment on acetate you have a ghosting effect on the card which I love. Here I have put some white card behind it so you can see what is written easily.
- Digi - 'Mandolin' by Stitchy Stamps
- Die cut background by me
- Promarkers - Soft Green, Pastel Green, Tea Green, Dusky Rose, Pink Pastel, Black, Cool Grey 3-5, Warm Grey 1, Cinnamon, Raw Sienna, Honeycombe, Metallinc Copper
- Flex Markers - Nutmeg, Dusky Pink, Blush and Linen
- Dies - Marianne Design -craftables-flower set and Lavender
- DP, flower stamens, Stickles and gems from my stash
- Allsorts - W, 3E - #247 Ladies Day
- Di's Digis Designs 3E 2W SIO - (W2 of 2) BINGO* (line followed Digi, Die Cuts, Flowers)
- Dynamic duos W - #91 Color*
- Just Us Girls - W, #229 Photo*
- Craftitude -2W, 3E - No. 59 - (W1 of 2) - Anything Goes or Hit The Right Note (Music Themed)
- Crafting By Designs - F,M - Love
- Bearly Mine Challenges M, P1,2E, SIO - #119 Vintage Romance
- Tando Creative Challenges - M, P1, C5 Passion
- Deep Ocean Challenge 2W - #71 Love is all around (Week 2)