Followers

Friday, February 21, 2014

Slipper Orchid

Hello folks, hope you are having a good day :) I have been having more fun in my craft room and getting mucky hahahaha  Last night I chose four challenges to follow as a starting point for today's project. I did this earlier in the week and has such a blast I thought I would do it again. It is a bit like doing a tic tac toe challenge which I love.  This time I chose a sketch from the I Love Promarkers challenge, a colour scheme from the Colour Throwdown challenge, a themes from Crafter's Cafe (vintage/shabby chic) and Ruby's Rainbow (texture).

To begin with I stamped and embossed some navy paper.  Gosh, I can't remember the last time I played with rubber stamps, certainly has been a long time.  I use a stamp from the 'See D's range and Heat it up Silver Pearl embossing powder to add texture to the background paper.

Next I designed digitally the background for the circle I planned to place the digi on then added the digi.  Once printed I coloured the digi with Promarkers and cut out the circle with Spellbinders Grand Circles.
 Here is the completed coloured digi.
 In keeping with a vintage feel I cut a circle of white lace and as the colour challenge wanted vanilla in their scheme I coloured the edges of the lace which would be visible with my Promarker.
 Next, using Olive Green and Vanilla I coloured two pearl brads, four pearls and two strands of pearls.
 With all my components ready it was time to assemble.
 The pearl bead strands were attached to the backing paper then the centre topper made by layering the digi section on top of the lace.  The brads and pearls were added to the topper which was then attached to the card with foam tape.

Here is the completed card.

Sketch and colour challenge info

Ingredients :-

  • Digi - Slipper Orchid by Hope Jacare Doodles
  • DP by me
  • Rubber Stamp from the  'See D's range
  • Embossing powder - Heat it Up - Silver Pearl (for texture)
  • Lace, pearls and brads from my stash (also for texture)
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so beautifully crafted. Love the wonderful colouring and the textures with the lace and pearls.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Treasure, this card is so gorgeous .....The colours are so beautiful and the Orchid looks so natural. All the textures make me want to hold this card in my hands just to enjoy all your tactile elements.

    I love your heat embossed background ...... it's pretty and interesting whilst complementing the delicacy of your central image. Lace and pearls add to the elegance of the completed card. ....though I am having a little chuckle at you colouring pearls with your Promarkers ........is there Anything safe from your favourite pens?
    You've created an awesome card here treasure ....Lots of love xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!!! Thanks for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design! Your image is perfectly colored and the elegant accents are a perfect match, too. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so pretty. Love that digi image and the coloring. The heat embossed background and the pretty lace piece are beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful card!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so pretty! So beautifully colored and I love your lace idea! Thank you for playing with us at Color Throwndown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow hope you will join us again soon x
    Shaz DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! Glad you share with us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that’s beautiful colouring! I love it! Thanks for joining the sketchchallenge at I Love ProMarkers. Good luck, and hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi