Now this has been a nice morning. I don't seem to have had much time recently to make something just for the reason for doing so, yep we all know how work and life gets in the way of 'me time' :) :) :)
Last night I had a look at four different challenges and decided to create a card following their themes for this week. First I chose a sketch challenge, then a colour challenge, next a vintage challenge and finally a stitching challenge. Vintage has always been a challenge unto itself for me, I am still not sure what it really means as Victorian always comes to mind but nothing I create looks in the least Victorian lol.
Colour scheme followed
To begin with I created the design paper using two of the colours from the colour challenge keeping in mind the theme of the SIR challenge (vintage) so opted for a scroll Baroque style.
Next I masked off the digi and air brushed the white area to the right Promarker Rock Pool then I coloured the digi with Promarkers plus ones to shade with and greys using the colours from the colour challenge plus ones to shade with and greys. I used Stickle and Platimum Liquid Pears to finish of the digi and add a bit of bling - should have taken a pic of the digi here -oops, here is a close up of the cropped coloured digi instead.
The digi, once coloured was cut out with X-Cut Scalloped die and then mounted on silver card also cut with X-Cut Scalloped die.
Next I coloured some lace with Antique Pink Promarkers and attached to the card with stitching. I used cross stitch to represent kisses on the first piece of lace and a regular back stitch for the second piece of lace using silver stranded cotton.
A simple sentiment in a heart shape was created next. This was cut out and mounted on the same silver card used for the digi.
While the Stickles etc. were drying I headed off out for lunch with a friend :) :) :) who rummaged around in her bag and produced some lovely glass flowers with other bits tied together with a a bow she had salvaged from a box of chocolates. My eyes lit up, I love things like this and immediately had a use for the glass flowers, just perfect for this card. With so much going on in the card the glass flowers added dimension without giving the appearance of clutter. I had to eat my lunch super fast so I could come home and see if the glass flowers would work how I imagined they would.
Here is the finished card, hope you like it :) :) :)
- Digi -Mitzi Sato Wiuff 'The Green Feary'
- Promarkers - Rock Pool, Duck Egg, Cool Aqua, Poppy, Lipstick Red, Antique Pink, Ice Grey 1, Cool Grey 3, 4, and 5.
- Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Peel Off stickers, lace and flower embellishments from my stash.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-
- Glitter n Sparkle - W - Challenge #72 Sketch* (see sketch at top of page)
- Cupcake Inspirations - W - Challenge #247 Photo Inspiration*
- Sweet Pea Stampers - Vintage
- The Corrosive Challenges - 2W, 3E -Challenge #193 (1st week) In Stitches.
- Craft Your Passion - W, E3 - Girly Girl
- Love to Create - W, 3E - Make it Sparkle with Bling
- Lunagirl Moonbeams - 2W, E3 - (deadline Feb 23) Vintage Red