Followers

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Nicole

My youngest daughter's birthday is coming up and I have been thinking about her card for the past couple of weeks but nothing comes to mind, do I do something to do with rugby or the army or go kiddy and do pics (she loved one of my past projects with pigs on it) - but everything I thought of just didn't seem right.  Then I saw Delicious Doodles have a challenge this week - Purple, Turquoise and Gold (oh how I love the colours of this challenge and it was in my comfort zone).  Next choose a digi and make the card for Nicole, very out of the box as had never entered my mind to do something like this for her so I hope she likes it.  I chose the digi Dark Valentine by Delicious Doodles and am just hoping Nicole approves, I seem to recall in the past she liked 'Twighlight' and read all the books <g>

Inside of card - inlay created to match the DP on the front of the card and a sentiment added. I used the wax paper sections from the gold mirror card die cuts and sprayed with Promarkers - I think they are just perfect, a bit of texture to the inside and better than throwing them away lol.
 The tag is attached with gold thread and hidden behind the top layer (I wonder if Nicole will find it <g>). The flower stops it sliding down and becoming irretrievable and is handy for pulling it out.
 Close-up of tag
Ingredients:
  • Purple and turquoise card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Dark Valentine from Delicious Doodles
  • DP by me and for the flowers some special paper my friend brought me back from her holidays
  • Dies - Spellbinder Fantastic Flourish One, Nestabilities Labels-20 and  Marianne Designs Creatables LR0106
  • Gold Mirror card, Extreme Glitter, Stickles, gold paint pen, brads etc from my stash
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is an absolutely stunning card and the colours are amazing. And the gold die cut shapes are so elegant and dramatic. I'm positive Nicole will absolutely love it ..... We all know how much she enjoys the special cards her mummy makes and we all love the excitement of expecting the unexpected from you. When you mentioned vampire to me I thought, black fangs, blood and gore ....but you are the master of thinking outside the box hence my gasp of awe at the beginning of this comment. I wonder if Nicole's nickname will be changed when her friends see this card :-) xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous. Loving the gold touches.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Original concept. Well-kept work. The inside was worked as well as the outside. Good job !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Good luck !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Sweetie, the colours are brilliant.
    Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Mimi, this is utterly gorgeous, and I am sure Nicole will love it, thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow This is lovely, thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at Creative moments

    Ziggy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow what a stunning card

    thank you so much for entering at Creative Moments

    Kerrie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and design and love the colors. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card - I know my grandaughter would love it! Beautiful colors and design.
    Fantastic inside and out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi