Followers

Monday, September 16, 2013

Is a Birthday an Unlucky Day!!

Most of the time, certainly in our earlier years birthdays were always lovely, lucky days, full of fun, cake, pressies and feeling super special.  From what I see, as one gets older, birthdays are liked less and less, they remind us how fast time is passing us by, of things we still want to do but find it hard to fit into our busy lives and the worst part is when you find yourself in another age group bracket when filling in questionnaires etc where you jump a decade instead of a year <g> lol

This is the second card I have entered in the Delisious Doodles Friday 13th challenge (well birthdays can be on Fridays!!! :) )  The first was for a 13th birthday and as you can see, this one is for somebody older maybe even much older lol

I coloured the digi three times so I could decoupage it - oh how well this digi lends itself to fussy cutting.  I then printed the sentiment on gold backing paper and attached to the card.  Cherry Lynn Tropical Leaves dies were used (I only used one out the pack of five) and cut in brown, copper and gold, these were then placed behind the digi.


inside of card

close-up of text 

Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Greenman by Delicious Doodles
  • Dies Cherry Lynn Tropical Leaves
  • All other items from my stash
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-

10 comments:

  1. WOW - fabulous layers and love love the image - amazing! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. Love the techniques you have used. It looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layering and colors you used. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is stunning! I love your idea and the colors too! Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenge! Hugs, Bo DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card has me completely mesmerised - it's stunning. Immediately I saw the photograph I immediately thought of our brother who moves to a new decade on his next birthday..... if you decide that's where this card is to go then do please give him a box photo frame too - this needs to be on display. I can't pick any simgle element that stands out because I think they're all gorgeous, but it's the way they all work together that has me keep scrolling back to make sure I've not missed anything - and each time I'm seeing another aspect that grabs my wonderment. Brilliantly creative, and a wonderful work of art. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just had to come back to this card because it's still in my head and I think I've hit on the word that was eluding me earlier. POWER - this card is just so powerful in it's subject and composition. That Power has been enhanced and reinforced by the contrast created in the use of elements from nature. How often do we talk about 'the power/forces of nature'. Don't be too suprised if I'm back again later xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic, great techniques.
    Thank you for joining in My time to craft challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a handsome card, Mimi! Fab layers too. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fabulous creation, Mimi! I really hope the birthday isn't unlucky. :-D Thanks for entering again at Delicious Doodles.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a striking image! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi