Followers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dreams

Another day and time for another card :)

For this card I used a photo I took out of the airplane window on my last trip back to the UK for the DP paper which I then embossed with and Embossilicious Embossing Folder.  The text on the front of the card was added to the DP paper before printing.  I used the same image and embossing folder for the inside of the card too.

I went to town with my Cherry Lynn Designs dies using three different ones.  I just love the dream-catcher and this is the first time I have used it.  I decided to use silver glitter paper for the dream-catcher and other silver items on the card to represent the fact that every cloud has a silver lining (so if you have rotten dreams just remember they can only get better <g>)

Other dies I used were Cherry Lynn Tropical Flourish and Mimi Butterflies - oh and how I love my mini butterflies, one of the best dies I have, just so versatile. When cutting all the dies I used waxed paper to help release them and have kept these wax bits to add to the card. I was trying to create a delicate floaty effect lol.

Feathers were added to the feather areas on the dream-catcher and pearls too.  Liquid Pearls were used in other areas.


Ingredients:
  • White Linen and Blue Pearl card from Craft Creations
  • Dies - Cheery Lynn Designs:- Dream-catcher, Tropical Flourish and Mimi Butterflies. For the sentiment I used X-Cut Large Tags
  • Background paper by me from a photo I took
  • Embossilicious Embossing Folder
  • Pearls, Liquid Pearls, gems ribbon and lace ribbon from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the softness! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Tic Tac Toe Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is just stunning. Love the glitz and glamour feel.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Mimi. Love the die cuts Thanks for joining our Tic Tac Toe Challenge at Created With Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi your card is stunning. Love the way you did this one. Great inspiration.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card...so elegant! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Charisma.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Pretty--Very Elegant!

    Thanks so much for joining us in at the {Pin}Spirational Challenge this week—Good Luck and we hope to see you in future challenges too! Barb—DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card love the dream catcher I haven't seen that die before it's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so detailed and pretty. Gorgeous flourishes too. Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty creation. I totally looooooooooove the color scheme, the embellies and the sentiment. Wow! Thanks for joining our "Fancy Flourishes" challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very pretty Mimi and what delightful embellishments.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow I realy love what you did with dreamcatcher it looks gorgeous!! Your design and colourscheme are also stunning..love the sentiment too. This would be a great card to get in my mailbox for sure......my adress is....haha lol! Thank you so much for playing with us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week.....hugs Amy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blue and Silver ... stunning, butterflies and pearls .... gorgeous, lovely blue sky with wispy clouds floating gently across ..... delicate die cut swirl emphasising the gentle movement you have created, Inspirational message to hold close to your heart and if that were not enough, an amazing Dream Catcher that has quite taken my breath away in its beauty. This is one very, very special card Treasure. Love you loads xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love how you made your backing paper and the dream catcher I like all the other die cuts thanks for sharing with created with love this week
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Mimi. You certainly achieved the light and airy look, it is just stunning. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mimi, this card is stunning! I love the softness of the blue/silvery tones and the quote is lovely. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Twist of Faith this week!
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mimi what an absolutely stunning card. I love the fact you used a photograph you had taken to make your own designer paper and all the details are just beautiful. The dream catcher is superb and the swirls and butterflies really fit the overall 'dream' theme of your card so very well. Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.

    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting creation. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a beautiful card. love all the special details. Thank you for sharing your creativity and joining us this week and Twist of Faith. Hope to see your works again.
    Hugs,
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very pretty! love your dream catcher! thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi