Theme ' For Mom/Mum'
The sponsor this week StitchyBear Digital Stamps
I have throughly enjoyed this challenge:) This week the image I have used is 'Sending Love', a My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Designs Priyanka! Isn't she just so super cute!!!
I decided on a colour scheme of purple and yellows for a change and while colouring in all I could think about was my Mum's garden back in the UK. Mum has the most amazingly colourful garden full of roses and lilies and other showy annuals (mainly pansies) dotted around for a bit of extra OOo La La. Both my Mum and I love our pansies. After completing the image I decided to make the backing paper myself using yellow pansies on a purple background. First I found a digital photo of pansies from my Mum's garden which I potted around with (sorry for the pun) :). Next I converted one of the pansies into a Photoshop brush which I then used to create the backing paper. Pretty pleased with the outcome I think it looks so great with the digi. It was a bit hard getting the colours right but after several attempts I managed to match them up with the digi colours.
I don't usually decorate the inside of my cards when I make them, preferring to do this as and when needed, but this time I could not help myself, I so loved the paper and wanted to see what the card looked like with the inside done too. I found a great quote, ''Only a mother as perfect as you, could have a daughter as perfect as me" - Bobby Pin which I think sums things up perfectly (not saying I am perfect by any means lol)
- White Linen card from Craft Creations
- 'Sending Love', a My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Designs Priyanka
- Topper die cut which I made and cut on my Black Cat
- Yellow mesh, gems, ribbon etc from my stash. The ribbon was totally the wrong colour so I coloured it with ProMarkers <g>
- All layers mounted with foam tape
- Hobbycutz - Challenge 5 - Mothersday
- Corrosive Challenge - Challenge # 173 - Mother's Day
- Stamping Sensation - ********Special Occasions********
- HIMCR #95 - Mother's Day!
- Sweet Stampin - Anything but Birthday
- Artistic Inspiration - CHALLENGE 38 Card for a Lady
- Tuesday Throwdown - Make Your Own Background
- PSC76: Mother's Day
- DL.ART - #10 THEME: Mother's day
- Paper-Crafting Journey - USE A SENTIMENT!
- Broken Box Stock - Challenge #25: Mother's Day
- Crafty Catz - Challenge 180 - THE COLOUR PURPLE
- JAI #163 - Just Add...a FUN background!