This card was specifically designed for the Delicious Doodles challenge - Make it Fishy. OK, I know a dolphin is not a fish but it does swim in the sea so is close enough I think. I was itching to make this card all day after seeing the challenge last night and just having to go buy the digi I used which I have had my eye on for some time, it is just so goooorrrggeous don't you agree.
As usual, I really wanted to show the digi off and had thought of using some wonderful water velum I have stashed away but then thought, material. I have not made a card using material instead of DP for ages and knew I had what I thought would be perfect in my drawer. The material was a scrap given to me by a friend (also in four more colours) which she bought of an event here in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia, to decorate the tables. I tried to pucker it up to make it look like the motion of the sea but by the time I had added the text border, digi and embellishment it kind of got hidden, never mind, I know it is there and you can feel it in the real world.
- White Linen card from Craft Creations
- Digi - Leaping Dolphins by Teri of Delicious Doodles
- DIes - Spellbinder - grand scalloped ovals and fantastic flourish one, Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4pk - Borders by Rachael Bright
- Background is material from my stash
- Sentiment by your truly
- Pearls, Stickles, gems, dolphin charms and Extreme Glitter also from my stash.
- Delicious Doodles - Challenge #33 - Something Fishy
- JAI #163 - Just Add...a FUN background!
- Polkadoodle - Birthdays With Bling
- Aud Sentiments - Happy Birthday to US!!! Challenge 79
- Sarah Hurley - Challenge 79 - Projects with Character
- DTC - challenge #207 Birthdays
- Going Grey With Scrap-Creations - Insects or animals
- Tuesday Throwdown - Make Your Own Background