Hello folks. We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.
Theme ' Use A Digi'The sponsor this week StitchyBear Digital Stamps with a prize of all the images the DT used in challenge #158 to spend in the store. To win this prize you need to use a digi from the StitchyBear store. You can still enter without using a StitchyBear digi and the prize for the winner is $3 to spend in the store.
This week it was Tracey's turn to choose a stamp for Ali and me to work with. Exciting stuff as the designer to be choose a digi from was Tami and I love Tami's digis. Tracey certainly game me a challenge <g>, the stamp she chose was Birdhouse Swirl by Gingerloft. Sometimes I find some digis are so hard to work with and this was one of them. A really beautiful stamp but hard to make a card with as so much of the artwork is done. With a digi like this I always feel it does not take much for the card to look overdone and cluttered and before you know it the digi is no longer the main focus of the piece of work being created.
I opted for a classical look with the main play on subtle colour. The digi was so free flowing that I really wanted to keep this alive so tried a water colour effect, think it worked <g>. Enough chatter, here is my card for this weeks challenge, hope you like it :)
- White Linen card from Craft Creations
- Digi - Birdhouse Swirl by Gingerloft
- Background paper created by me and used for all three layers of the card
- Text topper created on my Black Cat - tried something new here, the pen tool to do the text - amazing. I used a 0.5 fine liner pen. SVG file for this by me too.
- Fine line border stickers from Craft Creations
- Lace from my stash