Time for another challenge over at
Things With Wings
Morning folks, hope you are having a good day today :) It is week two of the IKEsWORLD challenge, Things With Wings and still plenty of time for you to enter. Just remember, you must use and IKEsART image to be eligible for the prize. Why not pop on over to the store, Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)
Don't we just love it when we see a challenge 'Things With Wings', I know I do :) OOOooooo butterflies, fairies, angels, birds even flying fish hahahahaha.
I wasn't in a fairy or butterfly mood when I had to choose the digi to work with for this challenge, I really don't know what I was thinking when I chose Robot 1 but I am really glad I did . So is there any thought behind this card or did I just whack it together purely aesthetically? There is a thought :) - it really bugs me how superficial I feel the world is, too much attention to top layer beauty when really beauty comes from within. Robot 1 was perfect for me going down this road (although she is still beautiful on the top layer <g>). We always see angels as white, pure, but is your best friend not also an angel, and you best friend might even be you pet. So out of the box, how about an angel cyborg - not perfect on the top layer but underneath the exterior all the beauty in the world lives.
First I created wings to go with the digi as she didn't have any and needed them to fit in with the challenge theme. I used silver metallic card and cut with my die cutter. I also made a halo at the same time. I was after a rusty metal sort of effect to follow in the robotic theme so I sprayed the die cuts with Promarker Warm Grey 4-5. This was amazing, by holding the airbrush really close to the paper which did not have an absorbent surface I was able to to get blistering and damaged areas. A unexpected, good outcome error lol.
Next I coloured the digi with Promarkers. Once coloured I then used Bronze Stickles for all the rivets.
- Digi - Robot 1
- DP - Industriana pack by Kaban
- Bronze Stickles
- Washers and wire from my stash
- Digi Makeover Challenge - W, SIO, must use digi - Anything Goes with digi stamp
- Addicted to Stamps - 2W, must use stamp- #81 Things with Wings (week 2)
- The Corrosive Challenges - 2W, 3E - #198 Head Gear (week 2)
- C.R.A.F.T. - W, 5E -#257 Make your own embellishment
- Digitally Sweet - W, Digital images/projects - (Does not have to be 100% digital.) - No. 86 - Anything with Wings
- PunkyouGirl - M, 3E, C15 (first Friday of month) must use Dark Nature style (Gothic, punk, emo, gory, steampunk, fantasy) - May - Things With Wings
- Simply Create Too - 2W - No.60 - (W2 of 2) - Stack 'Um Up (use 2 or more layers)
- We Do Doobadoo Challenge- W, E2- #5 Lots of Layers