Another week another card for the Stitchy Bear Challenge Blog!!!!
The challenge this week is:-
Challenge # 153 - Green (recycle or colour scheme)
The Sponsor of this Challenge is OSAAT
Prize for the winner who uses a digital stamp from the Stitchy Bear online shop wins $9 to spend in the store. You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store
Ummmm - recycle or green scheme. I did have an idea for recycle by using items to make the card that had a previous use, you know the sort of thing, stolen buttons from hubby's shirt etc. While having a look through this weeks allocated digital stamp designer's work - Beary Dust Stamps; I came across this beauty. Out the window with my initial plan and change direction totally to going with a green colour scheme.
So why the change in direction? My youngest daughter joined the British Army last year and completed her basic training. She is now coming to the end of her corp training and then will be a fully fledged soldier girl and will be sent on her first tour of duty.
For this card I :-
- Used the digital stamp by Beary Dust Stamps called GI Janice
- The rest of the design process was carried out using a drawing program. Here I created the the mounts, tree, tank, text and the overall layout of the card.
- Next was to create the cutting files for SCAL. Finally on the preparation side, I embossed the tank using an embossing folder.
- With all elements created and cut it was time to assemble. I assembled the two mounts, tank, digital stamp cut out and the tree all with foam tape to create several layers. The text was cut out of vinyl which was stuck in place.
- Finally I added a yellow ribbon to the tree so my wee girl comes home safely, a guardian angle metal charm to keep her safe and some gems to give the poor bare tree some leaves.
I will be entering this card into the following challenges:-
HIMCR - Greens!
My Time To Craft - Challenge #211 'Embossing'
Sweet Stamping - It's all embossing..
Digi Haven - "Green"
RRR Challenge #67 'Show Me the Green & Ribbon' Theme
Simply Create Too - CHALLENGE #32 - "ST. PATRICK'S DAY" [OR 'USE MOSTLY GREEN']
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Challenge: Go Green!
DD #52 "Green Cards"