Working on a card today that tries to move well away from symmetry, and with my image chosen, the next step is to come up with a sketch to work from. My chosen colour theme has been based on colours we often saw while on holiday down-under - red land and blue skies - heavenly.
The three layers for this card are made up as follows:-
- Create the card template to cut, I rather fancied a lacy top, challenging to get it all lined up but I was very pleased with the result.
- Layer two ended up being the same lacy pattern used for the top of the card but cut out of vellum. I had thought about using a stronger colour paper but felt it would distract from the image. What do you think?
- The final layer was the image which was attached to the card using foam tape to give a bit of dimension.
- Card from Craft Creations
- Doily which I cut using vellum for a gently, transparent effect
- Lady Klimt digi from Stitchy Bear Store by Hope Jacare Doodles
- Swarovski crystals in orange to finish off
Moving Along With The Times - Lovely Lady
Allsorts Challenge - Week 196 - For a Lady
LEJ Designs - Challenge No. 42 - For a Lovely Lady