Somthing a little different from me :) I have made lots and lots of cards but was thinking a while back (no I am not about to be morbid) that I did not have anything to leave my two daughters when my time comes to move to the next dimension :) that was something that truly represented me, something that was home made, not a bought item, not something they feel they will have to put on display but does not match their decor etc if you get my drift. My thinking got me heading down the path of making a journal for each of them, something to be put away until after I am gone and that they will find and hopefully feel I am close by them :) :) :). I have managed to get hold of a couple of second hand books and following a idea I read somewhere cut out about 7 pages leaving 5 cutting another 7 leaving 5 and so on. The 5 page sections are glued together and the 7 page gap allows for my multimedia pages to be built up but still allowing the book to close properly, well that is the idea anyway :). I am making two books, one for each of my precious girls and this is the first page of the first book for my youngest daughter who loves to read, something I don't take much pleasure in doing hahaha.
For the first page of my art journal I have used the image Bookaholic by Lucy Loo of TheEastWind available from Sweet Pea Stamps in both rubber and as a digi. I coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos.
The image was then fussy cut and put to one side while I went to play, sorting the background for the pages.
To begin with I used Gesso to paint over the text on the pages. Next I used an old flower template I have had for ages and applied texture paste to create the embossing.
I then printed my text which I computer generated and glued this to the page. Once all this was dry I used Spectrum Noir Tints to colour wash the background then applied some Brusho powders which I misted with water to bring out the pigment and allow the colours to follow some of the lumps and bumps of the now dry background.
Next I used a pattern stamp and black Archival ink and added some lace medallions which matched the texture stamp. To finish off I added black and silver bead braid around my text circle and a small black bow and to the right of the image, three spiral paper clips and 7 black pearls.
For a first attempt at doing something like this I am rather pleased with the outcome and most of all, I had an absolute blast.
- Image - Bookaholic by Lucy Loo of TheEastWind
- Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos, Brusho, Spectrum Noir Tints
- From my Stash - textured paste, gesso, lace flower medallions, doily, paperclips, black pearls.
I am entering into the following challenges:-
- A Gem of a Challenge 2W (W1)animals or birds
- Brown Sugar – W, E2 - No. 157 - Animals
- Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - 2W, 3E - No. 96 - (W2 of 2) - A Flower In Your IMAGE (LACE FLOWER MEDALLIONS)
- Crafting-With-Friends - 2W, 3E - (W1 of 2) Anything Goes
- Morgan's Art World - 2W, E3, SIO (must use digital stamp) - (W1 of 2) - Use 3 of Something (3 SPIRAL PAPERCLIPS)
- Just Add Ink – W, - No.273 - Color Challenge