Followers

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Fairy Tea Pary


Morning folks, hope you are having a good day :) :)

Today I am sharing an easel card using the image Fairy Tea Party by Helena Reis.
A bit of experimenting going on and a true effort in trying to create a card in keeping with the image. Not sure if I succeeded or not but I did have lots of fun and several cups of tea to rejuvenate the brain cell hahaha.

To begin with, after having coloured the image I then printed an enlarged copy of the digi.  This I then laid on a piece of purple card and traced over the outside edge to make just the tea cup for my easel card.  The image was then coloured with Pan Pastels and cut out.  Then I was stuck, do I add texture, do I add orange dots or what?  With no decision being reached I ended up leaving the cup just coloured in the purples to match the base colour I had coloured the digi image.
Next I printed my sentiment and decided on what die cuts to use and from there it was a case of assembling the sections.  Saying as I am in Saudi I also decided to add an Arabic Yellow Label tea bag for a bit of fun to the inside of the card and create the holding mechanism so the easel card stands correctly lol.

Ingredients:-

  • Image - Fairy Tea Party by Helena Reis
  • Colouring Mediums - Spectrum Noir Blendable Crayons and Pan Pastels
  • Dies - Spellbinders Scalloped and regular Circles,  Tattered Lace Rose Corner, and the background circle die but I can't remember it's name.
  • From my stash - Stickles, button, brads


Challenges entered :-

14 comments:

  1. Eeeek !!! That is just sooo GORGEOUS !! What a fabulous design and colours and such a cute image :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful design, a great card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends Challenge, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your project is gorgeous! I love the colors and beautiful details. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafting-With-Friends. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card- lots of attention to detail...just perfection. Good luck with your entry at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card, thanks for playing with us at di's digi
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS CARD!! Love the design and the bright colours :)
    Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog. Best of luck with your entry!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an original tea card! Very pretty and lovely sentiment too, glad you could join in our "use a sentiment" challenge at Crafty Friends, hope to see you soon, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunningly beautiful creation, lovely sentiment to for our current challenge...hope to see you next challenge.xx
    {Chocolate Coffee and Cards DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic design! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love this!! The colors are amazing and the "tea bag" is a perfect embellishment. I love the flowers and wondered if they are a die? If so can you share which they are? Much love from a Ike's DT member. Thank you for listing me ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Cool! Thanks so much for participating in our MELONHEADZ challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Que tarjeta tan original!!! me gusta todo de ella, la combinacion de colores que has usado, el detalle de la bolsita de te, y el sello digital tan gracioso. Los detalles son preciosos. Muchas gracias por compartirla con nosotras en Colouring in Scrapland. Besitos Ana, DT Colouring in Scrapland

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your FABULOUS card in Di's Digis "Include a Sentiment" challenge. I hope you get a chance to join in our latest challenge too Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi