Followers

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lil' Girl Swinging


For my easel card I have used the gorgeous image Lil' Girl Swinging by Art House Designs available from Sweet Pea Stamps, the image is in digi format.

To begin with I coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos.
Next I cut my easel card shape with Spellbinders Grand Circles out of blue card and embossed the base section.  For the frame I have chosen to use, Round 2 by Joy Crafts, I first cut the die and then hand cut the middle section out leaving only the frame.  The removed section is going to be used for the inside of the card.


I made my butterfly using both the die cut and the embossing Spellbinders Les Papillions - 4.  I did not find the die embossed very well no matter what I tried so in the end I used Zig glue to pick up the areas that should have embossed and added white micro fine glitter.  The Happy Birthday text was cut with Spellbinders Sentiments 1 and this was placed on a the blue card cut with Sizzix - 657938.  This was then mounted with foam tape to the inside of the card.
Finally I finished off with White Lace Stickles and Blue Liquid Pearls.

A pretty simple card but I really did not want to over embellish as the image is so pretty and really deserves centre stage :)

Ingredients:-
  • Image -  Lil' Girl Swinging by Art House Designs available from Sweet Pea Stamps, the image is in digi format
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Dies - Spellbinders Grand Circles, Spellbinders Les Papillions - 4, Spellbinders Sentiments 1, Joy Crafts Round 2.
  • From my Stash -  Stickles, Liquid Pearls, micro fine white glitter.
I am entering into the following challenges:-

19 comments:

  1. Spectacular card! Love the various dies you used to layer your circles and your coloring is gorgeous! This is such a beautiful card! I'm so glad you could join us this week for the QKR Stampede weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is adorable Mimi! I love that image and it's colored beautifully, fabulous circle design also! Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see this sitting on a little girls dresser.... very cute! Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet and adorable is this/!?! Love the delicate die cuts and that bright rainbowy scene! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's gorgeous card! I love the colouring and the dies.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Moments.
    Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable... love it!!!
    Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!
    Anna Dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner challenge this week.
    -Mari K.
    Crafty Gals DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness this is precious Mimi!! I love the bright colours and that image...adorable!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! Love the round easel and all of the details. The little girl is just adorable.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Let’s Celebrate challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and your colouring is awesome. Love the whole design and those die cuts really set it off. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons. Helen DT come back an join us every month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous. I love how you colored the image, and the shape of your card is fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafting-With-Friends!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this fortnight. Simply Papercrafts Good luck. We would love to see you again for our next challenge.
    Erin (Blog Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HThanks for joining my theme at allsorts tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card & I love your coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sister Act Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - super beautiful and amazingly done!! The details and fine things you have added to this card just make it sparkle and shine!!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too” - hope to see you next time!!

    DT-Member SCT
    Taunya Butler
    http://daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful make, so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi