Followers

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Castle

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 43
All About The Night

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, just remember, you must use and IKEsART image to be eligible for the prize.  Why not pop on over to the store too :), Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

I have such a feeling the DT are going to go dark on this challenge and I just never know where to begin with dark lol so I have chickened out and opted for a classical blokes card using the lovely digi Castle available from IKEsART.
To begin with I coloured the castle with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils, it looked quite night time with moonlight at this stage but alas when I cut the image with the oval die I lost most of my black sky, not bright of me.  I have tried to darken the sky a bit but it still looks like the moonlight is sunlight.
 Trying to keep a night feel to this card, I embossed some black paper and then sprayed it with blue Cosmic Shimmer.
 Next I wanted to make some clouds so used this Angel Hair fiber I have had for donkeys years. I pulled a bunch out, stretched it into a sort of square shape and ironed it to bind the fibres together.  This was then placed directly behind the digi images and then this section was mounted onto the card using foam tape for lots of height.
 A simple Birthday sentiment from my peel off stash which I mounted on card and then airbrushed with Midnight Blue Promaker. A black brad was used to finish off.
 Time to add a bit of metal, don't think blokes are into flowers and ribbon lol.  Something else I have had lying around for a few years are the spiral paper clips, they seemed like a good idea when I bought them but alas they sit there looking forlorn.  Today they came in handy though :)  Using some gold star brads which I cut the backs off, I then attached these to the spiral paper clips to represent stars in the night sky and the glow they emit.

 For the inside of the card I used some of the left over embossed black paper, added a thin strip of metallic blue paper and the rest was just a pretty blue I had a hand.
 And here we have the finished card :)


Ingredients:-
  • image - Castle by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and Promarkers
  • dies - Spellbinders Grand Ovals, Grand Scalloped Ovals, Circles, Grand Label 1
  • from my stash - Angel Hair, spiral paper clips, brads, peel off sentiment sticker
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

18 comments:

  1. WoW - that just looks super stunning. I LUV your colouring and the background/embellies are scrummy :-D Thank you for making this for me :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Absolutely stunning card Mimi. Your talents in using mixed media is one to envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love your attention to detail x thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Scrap!
    Hugs
    Cristina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and I love the step by step instructions. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab details and a gorgeous design. My oh my spot on our theme! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful art! So glad to have found you through City Crafter Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Birthday card and just perfect for our Birthday challenge at a Gem of a Challenge this time!
    Thanks for joining in!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunner, thanks for the details some wonderful tips included. I love the originality in the card. So pleased you joined us at Crdz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful and unique details on your card. Very cool! Thanks for sharing your creation at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, wow what a stunning card. Thank you for joining us at glitter n sparkle, Sam DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card and ideal for our challenge

    Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful - amazing colouring.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

  16. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining the fun on Love to Scrap Challenge Blog! Best of luck with your entry!
    Tammy - DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!! Love, love this beautiful piece of artwork you did mims. It's just totally gorgeous, stunning and beautiful. FYI - if you have no where to send it...I can find a nice place for it. lol
    Hugs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowsers! This is AWESOME... so many fabulous ideas, really creative! Thanks for sharing, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi