This week I have made and very symbolic card using the stunning and very emotive image - Hand in Hand Forever by Lynne Stansbery. I have to admit, this was a hard image to colour and took me four attempts trying different media. In the end I coloured the hands with my Blush Promarker and then added the shading using Faber Castell Polychromos.
Here you can see I have placed the initials so they touch representing unity instead of adding hearts etc.
I wanted lots of dimension on this card so fussy cut the hand image and then using foam pads only at each side attached it to the card creating a domed effect. I also added a wire wedding ring to the image as is only showed an engagement ring and I added a Swarovski crystal gem to the engagement ring to represent her solitaire diamond.
- Image - Hand in Hand Forever by Lynne Stansbery
- Colouring Medium - Promarkers and Faber Castell Polychromos
- Dies - Tattered Lace Retro Alphabet and Sizzix - 657914
- From my Stash - ribbon, pearls, crystals, Liquid Pearls, embossing powder, charm and gem
I am entering into the following challenges:-
- CAS-ual Chic - M, shabby chic, mixed media - July - Embossing
- Crafting-With-Friends - 2W, 3E - (W1 of 2) Anything Goes
- Creative Corner - W, 3E - Wedding Bells are Ringing (WEDDING ANNIVERSARY BUT HOPE THIS STILL MATCHES YOUR THEME)
- Card Mania (M, P1, E3) #70 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore (M,P1,E3) Stamp or Digi Anywhere
- Lia Stampz Challenge (1E,P1,SIO) #90 Handmade Flowers
- The Sisters of Craft (M,P1) Anything Goes
- Scrap & Craft Challenge - M 1st Thurs, 3E,(W3) #11 Celebrations