Theme 'Anything Goes with Chillaxing'In keeping with National Hammock Day how can we do anything other than chill out for a while :) :) Join in our challenge with you calm, relaxing creations or ones showing relaxing pass times.
For my chilllaxing creation I am using the image 'Scent of a Woman' by Stitchy Stamps. I love this image and it is very close to my heart. Right at the beginning, just coming up to three years now, I entered my first challenge, I made a card for the StitchyBear Tic, Tac, Toe challenge. Oh how the nervousness set in, lol, so hard to put your art work out there and just hope folks like it. You can imagine how elated I was to find out I had won the challenge :) :) :) By way of saying thank you I then created a thank you card for the next challenge using on of my winning images - sure you have guessed, it was this image I am using for my candle wrapper - my first ever digi prize :)
here to view it to show how I make my candle wrappers as it is a pretty hefty blog to write :) Just quickly though, first I use a photo I have taken, in this case a photo taken on our last trip to Kenya, a place called Lake Magadi which is a salt lake. Not big on wildlife but there are lots of wonderful flamingoes there. It had been 34 years since I was at Lake Magardi and I honestly don't know if it has changed much as I don't really remember it from the first time hehehe. This time though with camera in hand it was the perfect place to use my wide angled lens to capture the clouds and their reflection in the lake. OK back to my prep for this wrapper. Next, using the .png version of the image (one with the background removed) I placed it where I wanted it and printed on my tissue paper which was temporarily adhered to a sheet of stiffer paper.
- Image - 'Scent of a Woman' by Stitchy Stamps
- Colouring medium - Faber Castell Polychromos
- From my Stash - tissue paper, adhesive spray, candle varnish, silver bronzing powder and Flower Soft
- Crafty Friends Challenge 2W,(W2) - Anything Goes
- Artbymiran Challenge - 2W , SIO, 3E, no digital projects - No.36 - (W1 of 2) - Anything Goes
- Craft for the Craic - M, 5E (First Friday of the month) - July - Summer Time
- Crafty Catz - W, 3E – #287 - Summertime
- Creative Corner - W, 3E - Summer Fun
- Digitally Sweet - M, Digital images/projects - (Does not have to be 100% digital.) - No. 140 - July - Anything Goes
- Crafting with an Attitude - M, 1st Thurs, E3 - #5 Anything Goes
- Doodle Pantry M,First Tuesday,1E,SIO - must use digital image - Anything Digital Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E - Always Anything Goes