Followers

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Oh Dahlia

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #170

Theme ' Anything Goes'

The sponsor this week is StitchyBears Digi Outlet with the digi images that the DT team used in challenge #168. So that's $20 + worth of images. To win our main prize you MUST use an image that's available in StitchyBear Digi Outlet by any of our creators. Remember to pur # after your name if you use an item from our store. You can still enter with a none StitchyBear Digi Outlet image but will be entered into a separate draw to win $3 to spend in our store.  We are also having a DT call so why not get in touch and join one of the friendliest teams around :)

This week I had to choose a digi from Floppy Latte Designs for my teamie Ali and I to use.  Fancying something to go with a CAS card I chose 'Oh Dahlia' which is available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  

As I am in the process of creating my craft shopping list (this has been written long before the post <g>) for my return to the UK on repat I discovered something I bought last year to try out. Always on the look out for interesting items after not seeing a proper craft shop for a year is great fun and what I found was Silver Metallic Film which can be used in an inkjet printer or coloured with alcohol ink - oooo those Promarks.  As usual, when I got back to Saudi  and eventually unpacked and put things in piles so items could be put in there correct locations.  Tea bags and crumpets for the kitchen, new clothes for the wardrobe and craft items for the craft room.  This pack was hidden under some other rather nice papers I had purchased and totally forgotten about for a year :) :) :) Anyway, I first coloured the image digitally and so as not to waste a whole sheet of this lovely product also included the non coloured digi, then printed.  WOW, it looked awesome.  I used pale yellow and pale pink for matting and outlined with black self adhesive line stickers. The metallic film with the printed digi and sentiment on were adhered to the card with double sided tape.  Next,as I had the second copy of the digi ready I decided to try colouring with my Promarkers which also worked fabulously, actually I think the colouring with alcohol inks is more successful than printing with the inkjet, much brighter.  I fussy cut the the dalia I had hand coloured and attached it to the card using foam tape.  

Recipe:-
  • Digi -  ''Oh Dahlia' by Floppy Latte Designs,
  • White Linen card and pink paper from Craft Creations
  • Silver Metallic Film from either The Range or Hobby Craft, can't remember which
  • Image coloured with ProMarkers - Cerise, Rose Pink, Magenta, Cardinal Red and Yellow
  • Foam tape etc from my stash
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-

13 comments:

  1. I've been checking your blog regularly through today (I forget about time differences!!)because I am excited about seeing this card posted here. It truly is such a spectacular card and I am sure that Aristotle is smiling down on you for illustrating his wisdom so profoundly :-) This card makes me think I should start groing dahlias in my garden :-) I love the colouring and especially the differences you have achieved by printing and then hand colouring the second digi. Awesome card Jane. All for noow as I'm dashing off to the garden centre to choose some dahlia bulbs .......... blow it, wrong season :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, love it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty. Like the sparkle & shine of your floral card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, this is absolutely stunning! I love how dimensional it looks - partly because of the physical dimension, and partly, I assume, because of the reflective properties of the film.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, love the shimmer, thank you for sharing at Creative Moments

    Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, stunning, what a fabulous effect, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Stunning! What a gorgeous card! Thank you for playing along with us at Digi Haven!! xoxo Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, such a fabulous image.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Jane! This is gorgeous. I love the colours; the whole thing is so pretty.
    Hugs from your DT Sister,
    Tracey xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty well done!

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Cat this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. thanks for playing along with Creative Moments Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome is the word! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at LOC challenges! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi