Followers

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Dad

A busy morning in this household today and what an enjoyable one.  I can't remember the last time I had managed to make three cards in a day, think it is almost a record.  My sister was nagging me earlier asking why I had not posted any cards since Wednesday so I think now I have redeemed myself.

The first card is a Father's Day card using a digi from Digi Darla called 'Dancing Gramps'.  Somehow a 70's feel developed with this card, I think it was something to do with kids being embarrassed by their parents.  If this was your dad dancing across the carpet in front of your friends wouldn't you be embarrassed? :)  It is a long time since I have played with embossing powders but today they saw the light of day again.  I used bronze and gold mixed to emboss the die cut, trying to give it a bit of a worn, distressed look which I think worked pretty well.  I got a bit carried away with the embossing powders also using clear for the glass and Grandad's shoes - just to give them that plastic look :)

Recipe:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi 'Dancing Gramps' from Digi Darla and sentiment digi 'Dad am Thankful To Have' also from Digi Darla
  • Die - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4pk - Borders by Rachael Bright
  • Patterned paper designed by me
  • Gems, embossing powders etc from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

8 comments:

  1. What do you mean I was 'Nagging' you - just an interested enquiry :-) Anyway, what fun this card is and we all know that parents are meant to embarrass their kids so you have captured your theme perfectly ..... no wonder this Dad charged a 'fee' (look at your intro above) :-) :-) Gosh, I remember those carpets being the rage in our youth and I think you have captured the texture so well along with Dad's highly polished plastic shoes. Right, where's the next card please .... you're Really slacking at the moment :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUst GORgeous! What a FABulous, Fun card...
    LOve your colours too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN card! Your coloring is spot on! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is rocking I love it!

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Darla. We hope to see you back soon and good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous and fun card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    Evie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and image, thanks for sharing.

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab fun card. Cute image. Thanks for playing along with us at PCJ and good luck in our "Masculine Card" challenge. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi