Followers

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Iris on Velvet

I have not used velvet on a card for ages and it is something I love, oooooooooo that wonderful feel of the card as you hold it, totally scrumptious.  For this card I used dark blue velvet which was attached to the card with adhesive spray.  The digi is from Delicious Doodles called Iris and Butterfly Frame.   I wanted a smooth texture behind the flower but not plain paper.  After a bit of playing around I printed the background and then put a layer of acetate (well it is an overhead projection sheet really) over it and then put the digi which I had fussy cut on top. I fussy cut a second layer of two parts of the digi, the butterfly and the font iris and bud and added a layer of Ice Stickles.  It does not really show in the photo but has given just that little bit of sparkle which looks great.  Both layers were attached with foam tape.  To add a bit more texture to the card I added some pearls and blue tulle type material I picked up in out local ( 75km away <g>) craft store.  The sentiment is short and sweet but says everything I think - 'A garden is a friend you can visit anytime'.

Recipe:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Iris and Butterfly by Delicious Doodles
  • Velvet, tulle, Ice Stickles and overhead projection sheet from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-


16 comments:

  1. I can almost feel that lovely velvet :) A very classic looking card - the subtle sparklies are a great touch.

    ******************************
    Saffire dragon crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning card, I haven't tried using velvet on my cards but I will be giving it a go. Thanks for sharing at Ooh La La Creations

    Alli D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, really funny as I have just found some velvet paper scraps and am using them up! Thank you for sharing your creation with us and for joining us at Creative Moments #18 lots of layers challenge. Karen P CM DT (http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/ )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Mimi and thanks for joining my challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card, I love your gorgeous image and the texture and dimension you have created.
    Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooohhhh, such a pretty card with such an appropriate sentiment. I love the colouring too blue on blue ...... just wish I could hold this touch of luxury in my hands .... a computer screen does not do it justice. Well done you xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for playing at Smudgy Antics this challenge. I also love velvet and what you did here is so beautiful. I truly am impressed with it. beautiful work.
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creation! I love the color scheme and the use of the velvet and tulle for texture! Your card is beyond gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Smudgy Antics this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at allsorts. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it !!!

    Thank you for joining in my mono challenge at Nutcrafters.

    Good luck

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the colours and velvet is always a gorgeous texture :) Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh you did such a lovely job! this is such a great image and I love the colors! thanks for joining us at Smudgy Antics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an utterly stunning, card, I love it, I like the look of the velvet Mimi, but have to confess, don't like the feel of it, sends shivers down my spine, LOL...thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck hun xxx

    also as you have used a DD image you can enter twice - using just your blog address, not this post, and put 2nd entry using DD image, go get it done, LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card you have made. It fits the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week well of “use a Delicious Doodles flower frame image”. Love the use of the velvet. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mimi, this is just beautiful. That colour blue is so rich it feels like it can be touched through the pc screen and the lace and pearls are just perfect for that sumptuous look. Thank you for sharing at both Smudgy Antics and Delicious Doodles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi