Followers

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Alice

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  Before I go any further I would just like to say a big thank you to all the new followers who have joined me over the past few weeks, I hope you are enjoying the creations that find their way from my craft room to my blog <g>.  Without further ado, onto this weeks challenge:-

Challenge #168

Theme ' Use A Digi'

The prize this week for the winner who uses a StitchyBear product is all the DT images used in challenge 166.  Runner up who does not use a StitchyBear product will win $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digitlal Outlet.  Don't forget, if you spend $3 or more then you also get the free weekly digi, what a brilliant offer.


This week it was Ali's turn to pick a digi for us to use and she chose 'Alice' by Sue of Beary Dust.  I must admit, it is great fun to use a digi picked by somebody else, a great way to get out of ones comfort zone or try something new.

With a digi like Alice, it was a toss up as to going down a girly card route or follow an Alice in Wonderland theme, as you can see I chose the latter.  I thought I would try something a little different this time and try a sort of distressed look.  I don't possess any distressing inks (maybe I should put them on my shopping list <g>) but I do love paper tearing and have not done any in ages.  For this card I created the background paper with quotes from Alice in Wonderland which I printed.  The base paper is pineapple fiber paper and, although blue was not dark enough so I sprayed the edges with Promarker Midnight Blue.  I drew a rough shape on the back of the printed paper and soaked it with water so I could tear away then pushed the rough edges outward.  These I then coloured with a gold paint pen.  I then used Mulberry paper to create a second rough edge, again wetting the paper then pulling away what I did not want.  Next I used an photograph which I played with digitally to created the background behind Alice then placed the digi on top so she could then be coloured, avoiding any fussy cutting.  A gold paint pen was used to create a sort of distressed look around the main edge of the paper and the digi image placed behind the frame space.  I added gold bead chain loosely round the left side.  Using another digi, this time one of Stitchy's called Hands of Time I added Happy Birthday then coloured it, finally I used gold and clear embossing powders  to give a sort of enameled appearance.  The watch was attached to the card also using gold bead chain.

Did I find this card challenging, and easy answer to that is yes and I love how the window technique turned out, a nice change from to many straight edges.



Recipe:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  •  Digi - 'Alice' by Sue of Beary Dust available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet
  • Digi - 'Hands of Time' by Stichy
  • Backing paper by me
  • Pinapple fiber paper, mulberry paper, gold pen, embossing powders, gold bead chain from my stash

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-

18 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely card ..... and what a lots of skills (old and new) you've incorporated to such stunning effect. I love the way you have used the watch to display your sentiment ..... a reminder that time passes fast with each birthday :-) "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date" .... and as I write that quote methinks you may have got someone out of a tight spot if they've not sent a card in time for a birthday :-) Well, not just a very pretty card but a fun one too ... and, as you've probably deduced, I've enjoyed the fun :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Alice card - and you've reminded me that I haven't torn any papers for a long time so I might have to give it a go again. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Jane. Love the way you've done that pocket watch - the chain is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like how you placed the Alice digi on the photo which looks like it was meant to be there so wonderfully placed. Would like to know more how you placed the digi on the photo. Like the use of mulberry paper. Have used mulberry paper for decoupage of a bottle. Wonderful embellishing with the chain beads. Like the Hands of Time; at first I did not think it was a digi and thought it was a die cut. I have Alice and may have to get the Hands of Time. I enjoyed the Alice in Wonderland movie with Johnny Depp but of course my fav JD character is Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and I love the gold beads.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Simply Steampunk Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Card. Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.

    Stella xx

    TCT DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my what a wonderful card. So much work and I love the placing of the digi on the photograph and the 'torn window' effect. I think this is stunning and really unusual. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab n Funky this week.

    Alli D
    GDT Fab n Funky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the use of colours, very dramatic. That beaded chain trim is fab on the fob watch.

    The heart in my card this week is a Martha Stewart punch Heart Lattice. The heart punches out about 3.5cm square and then I mounted it onto some silver card and cut around it. It is my most expensive punch but I do love it so much :)

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card! Love the blue! thanks for joining our Girly Girl challenge at Creative Corner Challenges this week...
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love your use of the blue and gold and the image is precious. Thanks for joining us at Simply Steampunk. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! Love the image and your embellies. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fantastic day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with the Cupboard Trilogy Challenge.

    Liz xx [DT]

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous love this image. Thanks for joining us at SSC xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful colors! Great piece! Thank you for joining us at Simply Steampunk Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job..
    thanks for joining us at SSC
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stuuuuuuning Colouring! Loooove the use of the chain on your pocket watch! Thanks for joining us at SSC

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving that Alice...and the pocket watch is a nice added accent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi