Hello everybody, hope you are having a good day :) Time for me to share my Sweet Pea Stamps creation with you. This card is for my youngest daughter, Nicole so fingers crossed she likes it :) I have used the image Peace Fairie by Karen Middleton which is available as a digi. Isn't she just beautiful and so very peaceful.
This is a pretty straight forward card, I wanted something more classy than funky this year for Nicole. To begin with I cut and folded my card and then backed it with some Papermania paper from one of their Christmas packs. The image was coloured with a mixture of Faber Castell Polychromos and Promarkers. Once the image was coloured I then shaded the background with several shades of green chalks and mounted the image on plain dark green paper. Next I mounted this on the holly paper which I have also used for the writing area inside the card and a bit more on the front. Finally I distressed the edges of the image mount.
Embellishing this card was hard, it seemed no matter what I did nothing was working so in the end I went down a simple path allowing the beauty of the image and some rather gorgeous trim I have to shine through.
I have so old brads in my Christmas box and know I am never going to use them as I don't like the pictures on them so thought I would try something - can I recycle them hahaha. A sharp pair of scissors quickly removed the image and plastic covering and miraculously the smallest of my Spellbinder circle dies was just the right size to use to make a new insert. Using the same paper as I backed my card I then added my daughters name with peel off letter stickers along with a wee star as I often use the term 'you are a super star' :) Next I glued this to the brad and added some dimensional Glossy Accents to re-create the plastic covering. Once died I had exactly what I wanted and this is something I think I will be doing a lot more as it is rather cool to have the large brads totally match the creation.
- Image - Peace Fairie by Karen Middleton
- Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos and Promarkers
- Papers - Papermania
- Dies - Spellbinders Labels 20 and Circles
- From my Stash - ribbon, brad, peel off stickers, gold pen, pearls, crystals sprays, ribbon.
I am entering into the following challenges:-
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas W,must be Christmas things with wings
- Just Us Girls W colour
- The Pencil Case 2W, E2 (w1)G = green
- Graph'It Colour Challenge - W (any medium)- No.47 - Christmas
- Jingle Belles - 2W - must be Christmas - (W1 of 2) - Use Your Crafting Leftovers (scraps of paper, last sticker...) (THE PATTERNED PAPER IS REMNANTS FROM A PACK OF CHRISTMAS PAPERS I HAVE HAD FOR YEARS.)
- Crimbo Crackers 2W #94 Angels (W1 of 2)
- Scrap & Craft Challenges M,1st Thurs,3E #16 Christmas
- I love Promarkers - W - Must use Promarkers - #295 Traditional Christmas
- Sisterhood of Crafters - 2W, 3E - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas (Week 2 of 2)
- Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge 2W, 2E, C10, Must be Christmas - Ribbons and Pearls (Week 2)