For my card base I covered a white card with a shimmering slightly embossed paper and then added a dark green layer in the same type of paper. The green layer was mounted with foam tape. Next I added some lace and allowed it to hang over the right edge a bit and on top of that some pink organza ribbon. The ribbon does not really show unless you look hard but is the same ribbon I used for the bow and is a nice way to carry the colour.
What fun I had making my bow lol, I was trying to make something that resembled sections of a butterfly in keeping with the image. To hold my bow in place I used a hat pin to which I added pearls and a hand made bead along with a bit of old broken necklace. The pointy end of the hat pin was then passed through my bow from bottom to top and the end then bent over to make a hook. The hook end was then secured to the back of the image. Below you can see a close up of the hat pin and bow.
Onto my flowers. I used Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms and Foliage. Two of the roses were cut using the same paper as I used to back my card and the other three some patterned Papermania paper. The leaves were cut using the same dark green paper I had used earlier. To complete my flower spray I added a small net and wire butterfly and dotted some pearls around.
Thank you for stopping by and hope you are having a special day taday :)
- Image - Copia by Zoimar Lezama available from Sweet Pea Stamps in rubber and as a digi
- Colouring Medium - Polychromos and Pan Pastels
- Dies - Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms and Foliage, Memory Box Levington Border
- From my stash - pearls, butterfly, ribbon, lace, hat pin, beads
- Glitter n Sparkle - W - #163 Add a die Cut/Punch Shape
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - 2W (1st and 3rd Sunday) E3 #22 Anything Goes (W1 of 2)
- The Corrosive Challenges - 2W, 3E - #237 Add a Sentiment (W2 of 2)
- The Ribbon Girls - W, must use ribbon – Use any Image
- Brown Sugar – W, E2 - No. 172 - No Patterned Paper
- Crafting-With-Friends - 2W, 3E - (W2 of 2) Always Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - W, 3E – #301 - Girls Only
- Jo's Scrap Shack - W, 3E - No.114 - Anything Goes
- Simply Papercraft - 2W, E3 - No. 17 (W2 of 2) - Always Anything Goes
- 4 Crafty Chicks W #272 Ribbon
- Crafting With An Attitude M,1st Thurs,3E #9 Anything Goes
- Crafty Girls Creations 2W,3E Always Anything Goes
- Jilia Spiri Challenge 2W,3E #6 Add A Sentiment (W1 of 2)
- The Crafty Addicts M, 1st Wednesday of M, E #4 - Anything Goes/ Use A Die Cut