Time for another challenge over at
Spring into Spring
I do love Ike's challenges, somehow here I seem to step right outside my box to create something different. This week I used the digi Spring Fairy, a digi I have used a few times as she is just beautiful :) So far I have only used her on cards but this time, after chatting to my sister and hearing how fed up she is with the long wet winter I had an idea. Something else new for me, a shadow box, could I create a 3D scene for my sister to hang on her wall which, during the coming winter 2014/15 she can look at it and know Spring is not far away. Now that sounded like fun and so I set to work. To begin with I found a photo I had taken at Glen Coe in Scotland, a place I love and was just perfect. Next I overlaid the digi in Photoshop, this way I can colour the digi but not have to do any fussy cutting. Time to print :)
So here we have the Spring Fair placed on the photo background and printed ready for colouring with Promarkers.
Next I assembled the flowers and leaves. First I used some green wire and a glue gun to create a stem for each flower. Then I twisted these into a few bunches. Next I attached them to the leaves with glue dots and using a strong adhesive attached a toothpick to the back for strength. WOW, pretty pleased with these, for a first time effort I am giving my self a pat on the back lol. Now I needed to work out how to put all this together as I am pretty much making it up as a I go along. After a good look at the shadow box I found the class front was flush on all edges so no way could I just stick the flowers and leaves onto the base. Time to take a coffee break and hunt the house for something I could use to place the flowers stems onto. Ahhhh - brilliant, an old bedding plant box. Out with the craft knife and slice a bit off, this should work but it is going to be a bit of trial and error. I coloured the nasty squeaky polystyrene with Olive Green Promarker but that was no good. Then I remembered I had this strange mossy stuff I had picked up somewhere, I think it is for model railway making. The polystyrene pieces were covered in UHU and lots of the mossy stuff put on. Once dry I attacked this with a green Promarker, bit of a waste of time as it did not make much difference to any of the colour lol. By now I was in a real mess, glue, green, moss fiber everywhere, all over the craft table and all over me too hahahaha
I hope you like it big sis and it helps towards seeing Spring during the Winter :) :) :)
- Digi - Spring Fairy by IKE'sART
- Shadow Box from IKEA
- Promarkers - Olive Green, Moss, Marsh Green, Gold Lemon, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Sandstone. Flex Markers:- Cinnamon, Dusky Pink, Blush and Linen
- Dies - Spellbinders Bitty Blossom 6 and Foliage
- Stickles, Extremem Glitter, cocktail sticks, moss stuff and wire from my stash.
- All Crafts Challenge - 2M, 1st Monday of the month every other month, NO CARDS - (February/March) Anything but a Card
- Crafty Bloggers Network - M, SIO - (March) Nature
- Lexi's Creations - 2W - (Week 2) Punches & Dies
- Stamp and Create - M, 1E/week - (March) Ready for Spring
- The Crazy Challenge - 2W, 4E - (Week 2) Flower Frenzy
- Come and Get It Challenges - W, Unlimited - Easter/Spring.
- Craft a Scene - M, 3E, must include a Scene - March Challenge (4th Week) Let it be Spring.
- Great Impressions - M, 3E, SIO - (March) (4th Week) Spring Celebrations.
- Robyn`s Fetish - W -CHALLENGE # 204- Anything but a card.
- Ladybug Crafts - M, P1, 3E Spring is here
- Color Me Creative Challenge -2W, 3E - #89 (W2 of 2) Show some skin
- Hiding in my Craft Room - W, 1E - #142 Lets get Digital Digital
- Stampin With The Dragon - 2W, SIO – (W2 of 2) - Let's Go GREEN
- Add a Little Dazzle - W, SIO - #17 Frames/anything goes
- Divas by Design - 2E - Flowers
- Paper Shelter Challenge -3E, SIO - #150 More than 5 flowers