Theme 'Anything Goes'The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a 7 image prize pack. To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store. Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. So everyone can win something ;O).
For this weeks design I chose for our team to work with 'Love Hand Doodle' by GraftyGirl Creations. I loved this digi when I first saw it and have longed to get a chance to work with it, just my cup of tea :) I decided, with such a fabulous digi which has great depth of meaning to carry that theme through the card. The digi is the hand sign for love but my card is not a traditional 'I love you' card but one that speaks of love in many ways. To start with the colours were important. I chose dark red, teal and an olive green as they go rather well together visually and all have a meaning associated with love (I may be a little loose on my interpretation though). Dark red, well red is the colour of love and passion so that is easy, teal is the colour of sentimentalism, and we all love a bit of that in our relationships I think. Finally, green, the colour of love and hope. I also used gold, gold is such a beautiful colour with each of the paper colours in this group and added just that bit of zing. Gold signifies generosity, giving and compassion, all things that are so important in a loving relationship whether it be with a partner or a special friend.
Next I used a saying 'Love, possible whether you are near or far for love lives in the heart'. A lot of meaning for me there as my hubby worked overseas for many years while I raised our kids in the UK. Now I am overseas with my hubby and our kids along with the rest of my family are in the UK. Not all hearts in the same place at the same time. What else to add, ah!! the word love in different languages which I printed on the dark red paper. We have a few new teamies on our team and even some of the oldies are not from the UK or have English as their main language so this is for them and for all the other international crafters emerging on the scene in our blogland world :) :) :).
Next I coloured the digi with Promarkers :- Burgandy, Rock Pool and Olive Green finishing off with a gold Metallic Promarker.
I had created a cutting file to cut the shapes I needed but decided to try and use my Spellbinder Grand Scallop Ovals instead, using the negative cut out for the card not the inner shapes. I then went over the black love in many languages text with gold pen. Alas I did not like this last bit so reprinted and re-cut the dark red layer leaving the text black.
I assembled the card and then using the same Promarkers I used for the digi and the spray gun coloured the inside. Three wee hearts were punched with some of the left over paper I had.
Now we have the completed card. The finishing touches of mounting the digi on black and attaching to the card with foam tape for added dimension, a gold punched heart embossed with a heart embossing folder and also mounted on black and finally three buttons also coloured with the same Promarkers. I can hear you asking what the buttons symbolise hahahaha. OK in my warped way of thinking the buttons are to symbolise a way of attaching two things together, in this case - two hearts in love.
- White card from Craft Creations
- 'Love Hand Doodle' by GraftyGirl Creationss available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet
- Red paper from a scrap pad, the teal and green are from magazines but I can't remember which - sorry
- Promarkers - Metallic Gold, Burgundy, Rock Pool and Olive Green
- Heart Punch
- Heart embossing folder
- Buttons and gold mirror card from my stash
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday - W, E2, Must Be Square #25 Anything Goes
- Passion For Promarkers Challenge W- must use promarkers - #236 Make It Digital (text and placement of text on the papers in digital work)
- Craft Room Challenge 2W, 3E - Colour Challenge* (Week 2)
- Card Mania - 2W, 3E - (Week 1) Use a Sentiment
- Open-Minded Challenges - 2W, 3E (W1 of 2) #5 Use Something Green
- Moving Along with the Times - W, E3, C unlimited 4 things beginning with L (Love word, Love Hand digi, Love heart, Love in many languages)
- Crafting By Designs - F,M - Love
- Crafty Sentiment Designs W, 1E, SIO - Love