Time for another challenge over at
and this fortnight it is
We are onto the second week of the challenge so there is still plenty of time for you to enter and win the fabulous prize of $15 to spend in the IKEsWORLD store and an extra goodie pack :) To win the prize or be voted in the top 3 you must use and IKEsWORLD digi, lots to choose from so why not pop on over to the shop and have a look around.
I have chosen to create a card with the fabulous digi - Chinese Dragon. Having hunted for ages to find a great dragon digi I was over the moon to come across this beauty by Ike, he is such a stunner.
For my card I used black card then added the layers of red and black again with the dragon on. Chinese cards with dragons on should be dramatic so I hope I captured this by using red black and gold. The red layer is a pearlised card which was embossed with a Spellbinders embossing folder. The dragon is coloured with Promarkers and my every trusy gold paint pen and the finish off the flowers I used clear embossing powder and added an orange gem to the centre of each. The flames were designed by me and cut on my Black Cat using gold mirror card which was then sprayed with red and orange Promarkers. The lantern was cut by hand using gold mirror card and embossed to which I added some fancy edging trim I found - it is great, long strands of gold with gold balls at the bottom, I think it looks great on the lantern :) To finish off I made a simple Happy Birthday label to tuck behind the red layer, and added three gold brads so it is nice and easy to pull out and read.
The hidden tag :)
- Black and red pearlerised card from Craft Creations
- Digi - Chinese Dragon by IKEsART
- Spellbinders and Cuttlebug embossing folders
- Dies - Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Labels 1
- Mirror card, embossing powder, gems, brads etc from my stash
- Scribble and Scrap - Anything Goes (Oct27)
- Stamping Sensations - All Creatures Great and Small (Nov 8)
- 4 Crafty Chicks - #164 Multiple Layers (Oct 26)
- Delightful Challenges - Frame It (Oct 24)
- By LORi Challenge - Colour (Blank, Orange plus your choice) (Oct 24)
- Digital Stamps 4 Joy - Embossing (Nov 1)