Hello folks. We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.
Theme ' Winter Wonderland'
Our sponsor this week is Creative Craft World with a prize of 3 Promarkers. To win this prize you MUST use a StitchyBear Digital Outlet item. With over 20 creators in the StitchyBear store it really is worth popping over to have a look.
For my DT card this week I worked with a fab digi called Skelly Gossip by Ike - unusual, funny and open to so many ideas - yep a cracking good digi <g>. The digi is available through the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.
Now having a few ideas on how to use this digi and link it into our theme this week of Winter Wonderland I decided to really think outside the box - really how on earth can skeletons have anything to do with a winter wonderland. I did think of having them buried in the snow with snowballs landing on them but I also had this tiny ball of wool and knitting needles I have been waiting to find the opportunity to use. There are a few folks who will see this card who are rather partial to knitting, one of them being my sister so I now the funny side will be seen lol.
I printed a winter wonderland background and cut the window frame out with my die cutter. I placed sheet plastic behind the window frame and then attached to the card with foam tape. For the table I coloured some white lace with Turquoise Promarker then attached it to card, this was also attached with foam tape. Next the really hard part - to fussy cut the skeletons, that was a job in itself but so worth the outcome. I created the speech bubbles and cut them out, again attaching with foam tape. To finish off the card I used blue lace to make the curtains and white cord to make the tie-backs.
- Blue card from Craft Creations
- Digi - Skelly Gossip by Ike
- Window die cut and speech bubbles by me
- Lace, cord and fabby knitting embellishment from my stash
- Card Crafters Circle - Use 3 Embellishments ( Oct 18)
- Craftitude #50 ~ Anything Goes/ Things beginning with the letter S (Skeletons) (Oct 18)
- Crafts Too Challenge You - Create a Scene (Nov 3)
- Stamping for the Weekend - Anything Goes (Oct 25)
- Sweet Stampin Christmas - For Men (Oct 28)
- Divas By Design - 3 or More Layers (Oct 15)
- Pile It On - #41 Humor (Oct 20)