With it being my first contribution as part of IKEsWORLD I thought I would try something new, a mini album. I don't have many pink supplies with it not being a favourite colour of mine :) so I really had to rummage through all my supplies for this one. To create a mini album in keeping with the theme I decided to put a pocket with a tag on each page, the tag contains either an inspirational quote or a thought which I believe would help somebody with cancer to face the challenge they are undertaking.
The album is made from scratch, I first covered each side of some white card with my chosen papers for each page then cut out with a Spellbinder die. Next I set about decorating each page. For the front cover I used the didi Ike had asked us to use called 'Awareness' which I coloured with Promarkers. The 'You are' text is computer generated as is the backing paper. For the word 'Beautiful' I printed on acetate and cut out using and XCut label die.
The tags on these two pages say "When life kicks you, let it kick you forward' a quote by Kay Yon and 'You were given this life because you are strong enough'.
The tags on these pages say 'I may not be there yet but I am closer than I was yesterday' and 'I can do this'.
These two tags say 'Take proud in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go' and 'I can and I will'.
These two say 'The story isn't over yet', and 'Storms make trees take deeper roots', a quote by Dolly Parton.
These two say 'Strong, Beautiful, Brave' and 'I will overcome'.
The final two pages of the album have one page with saying 'I don't just want to survive, I want to live', and the final page with three blank tags for the recipient to write their own thought or inspirational saying on.
- White card from Craft Creations
- Digi - Awareness by IKEsArt
- Dies - a multitude - Spellbinders, Cherry Lynn, XCut, Joy Crafts (think that was all the companies)
- Promarkers - for the digi - Cerise, Rose Pink, Blossom, Ivory, Blush, Dusky Pink. Other Promarkers were used with the spray gun to colour the labels but I have forgotten to write them down - silly me <g>
- Lace, gems, backing papers, ribbon etc from my stash.
- Lexi's Creations - Pink (Oct 14)
- Love to Create - #86 ~ Breast Cancer Awareness (Oct 15)
- Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Inspired by a Song Title (Oct 14) - song title used in 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera
- Paper Creator's Crafts - Dies and/or Punches (Nov 2?)
- Shopping Our Stash - SOS #121 - Pink or Cancer Awareness/Support (Oct 9)
- Cut it Up - Think Pink (Oct 18)
- Link Up For Pink - 3rd Annual Link up for Pink (Oct 18)
- Inky Chicks - #14 - use two different die cuts (Oct 15)
- In the Pink - Luscious Lace
- Path of Positivity - Hope (Nov 3)
- Cuttin and Stamping - BCA (Oct 14)
- Patties Creations - Ribbon (Oct 18)
- Wags n Whiskers - Pink BCA (Oct 18)