Followers

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Running Free

The challenge this fortnight at I ❤️Promarkers is
 'For A Girl'

and the sponsor for this challenge is IKEsART with $15 prize to spend in the store


For my DT inspiration I have used one of Ike's images form the HORSES Set of 6 and created my pinky purple background to give the card a 'girly' feel.  To create the card I printed the horse and a second copy on printer paper to use as a mask.  I then hand cut the hills and clouds also to be used as masks.  It was then out with my air brush to colour the background, pretty pleased with the way it turned out for a first attempt at trying to create a scene this way.  I then coloured the horse also with Promarkers and then stamped some grass.  Alas a bit of a problem with the moon, originally it was masked too and then I used the reverse of the mask to keep the moon exposed but protect the rest of the card so I could give it a blast with Crafters Companion silver glitter spray - but, oh the big 'but' lol, I was rather heavy handed and the varnish ended up bleeding under the masked area grrrrrr.  To cover up my boo boo I die cut another moon out of silver card to place on top and hide my error.  Learnt the lesson the hard way now just hope I remember for the future.  Finally I got round to creating the sentiment which I then backed on silver along with the image layer and finished off by embossing some purple glitter paper for my card base before assembling everything.

Promarkers used  : - ice grey 1-5, amethyst, wild orchid, pink pearl and lavender.


I am entering this card in the following challenges : -

  • Stinkin' Inkers - M, E3 - February -  Use One Or More Embossing Folders
  • Tuesday Throwdown W -   #451 Use Your Favorite Color (week 1) - FAV COLOUR PURPLE AS TO ME IT IS THE COLOUR OF EQUALITY - MADE UP OF BLUE AND PINK/RED FAMILY IT IS NEITHER MALE OR FEMALE BUT A MIXTURE OF BOTH :)
  • Always Fun Challenges - (W, 3E, Top 3 Awarded)  #150 ANIMALS
  • Dream Valley Challenges (2W, 3E, C10)#219 HAND-COLORED IMAGE (WEEK 1)  
  • Make My Monday  (2W, Top 3, 3E) #116 CRITTERS  (Week 1) 

7 comments:

  1. Stunning card loving the background Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous image and coloring, those shades of violet are beautiful, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Jane. There is a magical feel to this card created by that wonderful background. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloured Jane! I also love how you made the background. Some one will be very happy to receive this pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just amazing. LUV the background and colour scheme. I'd love to be flying off somewhere open on him too :-D
    Thank you for using my image and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi