Followers

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Hamish McDougal

The image used for this card is Hamish McDougal by Dr. Digi House of Stamps. Such an awesome Scotsman :)



I coloured Hamish with Copics, then masked him and created the background with Distress Inks.  A few years ago I was driving through Glen Coe in Scotland, such a beautiful historic place when Scots clans met and fought, you can still feel the vibes if you take time out and transport yourself back in time.  One this particular visit there was a lone piper standing just off the road and playing his bagpipes, I had to stop and listen to him.  Pure magic as the music from the pipes sounded so very beautiful amongst the mountains on either side of us, a memory never to forget and one I often revisit to this day :).  I tried to colour Hamish's kilt to match the background paper I was using.  The sentiment was created with hot foiling using the WRMK pen tool and my die cutter.

I am entering this card in the following challenges : -


5 comments:

  1. Smashing card love the background and tartan Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card. Thank you for joining in the Corrosive Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. Loved the story that inspired your card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge- Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card! I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome creation, I love the background you created, very cool! Thanks so much for playing at our Digital Image theme at THE PAPER SHELTER Challenge this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi