I coloured Cheshire Cat digitally and printed on acetate to make my candle wrapper. I decorated a lot of candles in the past using the more traditional method of using tissue paper for my colouring and then using a heat tool to place the image onto the wax candle. Guilt got the better of me and I stopped doing this a few years ago as at that time I was giving talks to new hires of the company my hubby was employed by in the Middle East on fire safety. On our return to the UK I discovered wax battery operated candles and have been trying to place images on them in the traditional way but am not have any great success so now I am playing around with using acetate to make a candle wrapper as there is no worry regarding fire hazard.
This is what the image looked like before it was placed on the candle
You can see how the yellow/ivory colour of the candle changes the end image so I am now hunting out white battery operated candles :) wish me luck in finding them hahaha.
I am entering this card in the following challenges : -
- Mod Squad W, 3E - Animals
- Simon Says Stamp W, 5E - Pets
- Show us Your Pussies - M, Cat Only Challenge- January - Furrything Goes/ Happy Meuow Year
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies (M, P1, E5, must have a critter) #34 - Anything Goes with a Critter
- Make My Monday (2W, Top 3, 3E) #114 A FAVORITE FAIRYTALE (Week 1) - Alice In Wonderland
- 613 Avenue Create - M (1st Sunday), 8E, Any Craft Accepted (check for recognition each week, top DT choices, winners, and crafter's voting by on-line community) - (January) Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Shiny