Followers

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Woodland Eclipse

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #33
All About Boys or Men



This fortnights challenge them has been chosen by DT sister Sue, a super challenge theme as we all need to have some of the 'men' cards in our stash but they are often not the first we turn to to make when we feel creative.  I am rather lucky as it is my brothers birthday very soon and this was the perfect opportunity to make his card.




I have seen quite a few cards around recently using the eclipse method which I think looks to cool and uncluttered, with that in mind I thought I would try it our on my brother's card.  I first used Distress Oxides to create the background and then stamped a woodland scene using stamps from the Creative Stamper magazine.  Next came the tricky bit where it could so easily have all gone wrong.  i don't have the large letter dies so used my Silver Bullet and SCAL software to create the text and do the cutting.  Phew, I all lined up perfectly and I could breathe again lol.  To finish off the card I mounted the card front on black and then copper papers.  Back to the Distress Oxides and I used the colours of the card to colour both the card front blank and the inside of the card.

Challenges entered:-

7 comments:

  1. You have made a great job of the eclipse method Jane. A great card. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - I think this is my favourite of all the cards you've made that I've seen. Brilliant. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! Love that personalised element. Fabulous creation. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Fab 'n' Funky for our 'Garden/Outdoors' challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous male card love the design to. Thanks for joining us at PG, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE this. This is like my new favorite technique! The birds look so cool within the name as well! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp For the Boy's Challenges.

    ♥Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great male card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great personalised card. Looks fabulous= bet he loved it. Thanks for sharing the joy at Crafting with Dragonflies and hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi