Followers

Monday, May 28, 2018

My Beloved Africa

Just a very quick post to share a card I have made with a wonderful Africa theme.  I was born in Africa may moons ago lol, in Nigeria, later I moved to Zambia and then the final country I lived in was Kenya where I met my hubby and had our two wonderful daughters.  We, as a family, returned to the UK back in 85 but Africa lives deep within our hearts, such a wonderful experience I have truly had the privilege of experiencing.


For this card I used Distress Oxides for the background and stamps from the Creative Stampers magazine and also from the Africa set by Sheena Douglas,  There really is a bit of Africa on this card as the backing paper behind the image layer is some hand made paper I picked up in Kenya on our last visit a couple of years ago and is made from elephant poo and the local newspaper.  It is the first time I have used the paper as it is a bit special :) :) :)

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card thanks for playing at agoac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and sweet card Mimi! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent card! Such an amazing scene. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. this is really nice! What a wonderful scene… I love it!

    Thanks for playing along with our Dream Factory Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    Blog-owner Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#18 – National Colours)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wunderschön gemacht, schaut super aus, danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik, liebe Grüße Bettina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi