Followers

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Lilly of the Valley

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #34
Nothing Square or Oblong 



This fortnights challenge theme has been chosen by DT sister Jennie and it gave me a chance to make an easel card which I have not done for ages as seem to be hooked on 6" square cards at the moment :).



For this card I cut my card circular base and top circle using Spellbinders Grand Circles.  I then used a die but I can't remember who it is by, how typical of me is that.  The die consists of three lattice circles varying in size and I would normally cut these and mount each layer on foam tape to give some great height.  However, this time, as this card will be going through the post to the recipient I just layered them with double sided tape.  Before mounting them I blended the outer edges of each circle with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink.  Have to say, I am a bit disappointed as I love dimension on my cards.  I then used the Sheen Douglas 'Bluebell' stamp which also included leaves and flower heads for Lilly of the Valley which is the option went for as I wanted a cream and white card with touch of green.  The flower heads were stamped with an embossing stamp pad and embossed with white embossing powder.  The leaves were coloured with Promarkers.  To complete the front of the card I added some gauze and cream flourish and butterflies from The Works and cream liquid pearls to each of the cross over sections of the lattice.  The theme of the circular lattice and Lilly of the Vally were carried to the base of the card too and again blended with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink.




Thank you for stopping by and hope you will come along and join in our fun challenge :) xxx

Challenges entered:-
  • Allsorts  W,3E  - #469 - Insects, Bugs, Bees and Butterflies
  • Fussy and Fancy - 2W, E3, C10 - No. 212 - FAVORITE FLORALS (W2 of 2)
  • As You Like It Challenge 2W,E3  Flora or Fauna (&why) (W1 of 2) - Oh so hard to choose between flora and fauna, both play a large part in making happy times in my life.  For this card I have chosen Flora and in particular 'Lily of the Valley' as I was thinking about my Gran the other day and the smell from this flower always reminds me of her :) 
  • Always Happy Birthday (M, P1, E4, must be birthday)- May - Birthday + option of Flowers
  • Die Cut Divas (M P1, E4, die cuts) May - Flowers
  • Do-Al(l) Kreatives (M, P1, E3, no pure digital projects) - #17 - Not Square or Rectangle

12 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card - i love the Lily of the Valley, it looks gorgeous. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just stunning! Love that you've used so much white!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This such a restful card Jane and the lily of the valley is lovely. The lattice circle dies are gorgeous. It looks like something Tonic would do. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super shape of card and some lovely dies used here. Thank you for joining our 'Insect' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, this is jaw-dropping gorgeous! Love the lily and the round easel, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering our challenge at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts with your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So elegant and lovely Mimi!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Favourite Florals"...good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi