Followers

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Horse and Foal

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 73
TAG you're it

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

A while ago I asked Ike if we could have some horse based images to work with and WOW was I spoilt with a lovely selection - thanks Ike :) :) For this tag I used the image 'Mother and Foal', the background was coloured with Pan Pastels and some clouds heat embossed.  Next I added some rubber stamping in black and die cuts also coloured with Pan Pastels plus a gold horseshoe.  The image was coloured with Polychromos.  Finally a wee thank you sticker was added to the tree.

This tag already has a home :) it will be attached to a wee gift I have for a friend who stepped in as foster mum to my horse while I was in the UK.  He (my horse lol) was on deaths door when I bought him in November last year and has given me the most incredible journey nursing him back to health with the help of an awesome team of friends.  So many challenges, one after the other but now we are on the final leg before he becomes a true horse in his own right and able to join the pack of other horses at the stables instead of just being surround by his human pack.  Jay, when I got him, was near to starving and had a nasty abscess on his hind quarter which took two months of constant cleaning and draining to clear up - that was after the vet released it and over a pint of puss literally came out with such force it sounded as if he was peeing.  The abscess had obviously never been treated and was deep within.  While that was clearing up another abscess developed inside his hoof, again the remnants of an old one that was never treated and was constantly reinfecting.  3 months of poulticing, cleaning, treating etc. eventually cleared that up but one of the eruption points was on the coronet band (where the hoof meets the hair line) so his hoof had two large holes in in which we have had to wait to grow out and keep our fingers crossed the hoof would hold in tack long enough that when it did break it was below the white line where the blood supply is.  All is well that ends well the hoof has now broken in a safe place and not worrying him at all, we have another abscess near where his balls used to be but quick treatment is working well and again this is not worrying him.  He has now put of weight, has an awesome shine on him and his heart has the biggest amount of love which he gives so freely even though humans have treated him so badly in the past :) :) :)


This was Jay in at the end of Nov 2105 when I go him

and this was him 2 months ago as he really turned the corner :) - not quite so skinny :)

Ingredients:-
  • image - Mother and Foal by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Watercolour pencils and Pan Pastels
  • dies - Spellbinders Scalloped Borders 1 and Opulent Circles
  • from my stash - ribbon
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

9 comments:

  1. How fabulous to hear that Jay is doing well and becoming a beautiful boy again despite his problems :-) He certainly has been through a lot.
    I love your tag. Thank you for making this for me at IWC.
    Hugz

    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your creation and the horse photos!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tag, Mimi, and the image is beautifully coloured, too! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an idiot! I meant 'Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft.' D'OH!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an idiot! I meant 'Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft.' D'OH!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful tag in the Sweet Stampin’ Buttons/Ribbon Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty tag and gorgeous horse image!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Ellie
    Critters & Creatures Linky party
    Let's Color Linky party

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, truly beautiful. Gorgeous image, love it! Thanks for joining in the fun with the Sweet Stampin' crew this week. Love what you did for the challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous tag and beautiful photos of that gorgeous horse! Thanks so much for sharing at Dis Digis!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi