Challenge 271 Theme
'Anything Goes with A SPECIAL DAY'
I never seem to make suitable cards for love that work for me but think this one turned out OK, it says what it should be is not girly in the least. For this card I created the heart shaped card base and cut on my die cutter. The rope image from the pack was printed, coloured with Polychromos and then fussy cut leaving the background of the heart shape in tack which was then coloured with Pan Pastels.
I hessian/burlap was then glued to the large heart shape which I also cut on my die cutter, such lovely texture and the part that I think makes this card more suitable for a bloke. I embossed another strip of card with a Signature embossing folder and die cut the Sizzix twin hearts, both of these had Pan Pastel treatment lol. Finally the sentiment was printed, cut with an X-Cut labels die and again rubbed a bit with Pan Pastels (I was trying to get a leather look here hahaha).
For the inside of the card I went for a lightweight hand made leaf paper I got ages ago, lovely texture and by using the reverse side which is a little rougher than the front side it will be easy to write on.
- Image - Love Knot by Coosty Creations
- Colouring medium - Polychromos, Pan Pastels
- Dies - card dies by me, Sizzix Love set, X Cut labels
- From my Stash - leaf paper, hessian/burlap, heart brads
- Creative Corner - W, 3E - No Patterned Papers Allowed
- Cards und More 2W must stamp C5 - # 167 - No Designer Paper (week 1)
- Try It On Tuesday 2W, C5, 2nd & 4th weeks - Coffee and Cream or Choose your own 2 colors (Week 1)
- The Crazy Challenge - 2W, 4E - (Week 1) Burlap and/or Twine
- Dragonfly Dreams - M – (Sept 4) Monochrome
- Scrap From Your Heart (M, P1, 5E, C10) - #1 - Be Inspired and Use HeartsThanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)