Followers

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Love Knot

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is a $10 coupon to spend in the store :)

Challenge 271 Theme 

'Anything Goes with A SPECIAL DAY'

I never seem to make suitable cards for love that work for me but  think this one turned out OK, it says what it should be is not girly in the least.  For this card I created the heart shaped card base and cut on my die cutter.  The rope image from the pack was printed, coloured with Polychromos and then fussy cut leaving the background of the heart shape in tack which was then coloured with Pan Pastels.
I hessian/burlap was then glued to the large heart shape which I also cut on my die cutter, such lovely texture and the part that I think makes this card more suitable for a bloke.  I embossed another strip of card with a Signature embossing folder and die cut the Sizzix twin hearts, both of these had Pan Pastel treatment lol.  Finally the sentiment was printed, cut with an X-Cut labels die and again rubbed a bit with Pan Pastels (I was trying to get a leather look here hahaha).
For the inside of the card I went for a lightweight hand made leaf paper I got ages ago, lovely texture and by using the reverse side which is a little rougher than the front side it will be easy to write on.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Love Knot by Coosty Creations

  • Colouring medium - Polychromos, Pan Pastels
  • Dies - card dies by me, Sizzix Love set, X Cut labels
  • From my Stash -  leaf paper, hessian/burlap, heart brads
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

8 comments:

  1. A lovely creation. It has turned out well. Thanks for playing along at Creative Corner.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous designed card and a lovely sentiment too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice card, thanks for play along with us at scrap from your heart.
    DT Graciela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så fint kort du har lagd.
    Takk for at du deltar hos Scrap from your heart.
    DT Bodil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful design on your card :-) Love the rope image.
    Thanks for joining us in our first challenge :-) Hope to see you again.
    Good luck !!

    Hugs, Astrid
    DT-Scrap From Your Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hessian background for your rope heart.
    Thanks for sharing at CuM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi