Followers

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Butterfly

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 72
THINGS THAT FLY

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

I recently invested in a Gelli Plate as so many folks seem to have so much fun with it and I do love playing with paint :) :) hahahah.  For this card I used cheap acrylic tube paints, you know the sort, a box of 20 colours for $3 from a stationary shop and they work just great too.  The first layer of the printing was a mixture of red, blue and white to make a pinky mauve base and the next layer the same colours but less white and I also used the Signature Collection Butterfly Lullaby Die - Flit and Flutter for several butterflies which I laid on the Gelli Plate before putting my paper on again so I could get a butterfly pattern.  I then stamped in gold using a free stamp from a magazine.

The image was coloured with Promarkers and Polychromos and fussy cut.  Once my paper was dry I mounted it on card and die cut the shape then used Memory Box Peaceful Butterfly Wings. I did not like the butterflies as 3d on this card to removed them all so I could be left with just their outline. The scalloped edges were distressed to give more texture.  Next the sentiment was added and finally the butterfly image was added and this layer of the card added to the card base using foam tape so I had a real cut out feel to this card.  The card base is plain white linen card which I used Tim Holtz Amethyst distress ink for the edges to tone in with the paper I made.

Ingredients:-
  • image - Butterfly by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Acrylic paints for Gelli printing, Promarkers and Polychromos
  • dies - Memory Box Peaceful Butterfly Wings, Spellbinders Scalloped Squares and Signature Collection Butterfly Lullaby Die - Flit and Flutter
  • from my stash - gold ink pad, free circular/tex/butterfly stamp from a magazine, text stamp, Tim Holtz Amethyst
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

5 comments:

  1. Mimi, this turned out fantastic! Love that purple and how you've achieved such depth! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Mimi. I love butterflies. ❤️. Thank you for sharing it with us at Broken Fairy Designs. Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful smattering of lovely butterflies. Striking card. Thanks for playing in the "Things with Wings" challenge with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. The Gelli plate print makes a fabulous background to showcase that big butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful ! thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Left of Center
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi