This is my second post as GD for this months challenge over a Path of Positivity - Challenge #22 - UNIQUENESS
I am leaving my thought from my fist post about Uniqueness on this post, this might be the first time you have visited here and it saves me writing it all again - after all personal views don't change that fast hahahaha.
'Do you ever get the feeling that being UNIQUE is getting harder and harder as so many folks follow trends, live their lives through others, are moulded by school, government, church, fashion, media etc. to 'conform', to be one of the 'group'. The surface of us to me is really far from unique but underneath, when we look at our inner thoughts and for those who dare speak out, dress differently etc. yep each and every one of us is Unique - it just needs to be looked for, bit like not judging a book by it's cover lol.
Right, I have said my bit, I could go on forever about finding uniqueness in life, in people, in everything around us but I won't hahahaha.
- A prize package worth $10 of digi images (digital papers not applicable) from Scribbles Designs, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $10 gift certificate from Ike's Art, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
- One digital designer paper (made to order in a couple different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
To begin with I folded and cut the box and cover for the holder.
Kazuri Beads. It is a wonderful story of how this bead factory first started up - in a nutshell, originally two Kenyan ladies were employed to make the beads as a way of giving them employment in 1975. These ladies desperately needed to work in order to look after their families (often unmarried mothers). Now many women are employed here and each of them along with their family members receives on top of their salery full medical care for themselves and their families, a huge benefit as medical in Kenya is not free and often beyond the financial ability of many locals. I must have spent a good two hours in the back of the workplace with jars and jars and even more jars hunting for just the right beads for my crafting to bring back to Saudi with me. Each bead is totally hand made from start to finish and so is 'unique', a one of a kind and just so perfect for this challenge :)
Time to try the top crackle coat. Now I can add it was not brilliant, a very faint cracked effect but not strong enough to be be picked up by the camera :(
So here we have the finished box. I added a line of Liquid Pearls to the bottom edge of the image just to finish it off.
- 'Vaguely Goth' by IKEsART
- Die - Sizzix 657938
- Colouring Medium - Promarkers
- Papers from my scraps
- Hobbycraft Creations base coat and Antique Crackle top coat
- Liquid Pearls
- Pencil, beads, paper pad, Post Its from my stash
I am entering this creation in the following challenges:-
- Opus Gluei - JFF, 2W - #200 Anything But a Card
- Scribble and Scrap - 2W, SIO, E3, C15, F - #36 Always: Anything Goes and CANDY
- Alphabet Challenge - 2W, 1E, JFF - (W2 of 2) - X for X-periment (use a new technique) (TORN PAPER BACKGROND COLLAGE)
- Wags 'n Whiskers - 2W, 2E, SIO - No. 145 - (W2 of 2) - Anything Goes