Hi Peeps, how is your day going :) :)
Today I am helping out at the Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe for their challenge Anything Goes With Chalk. Sweet Pea Stamps are sponsoring Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe for this challenge and as I am on the Sweet Pea DT thought I would give this a go. Now chalks and I are new to each other. My chalks are inherited and live in a drawer that hardly sees daylight. I did try to use them when I was first given them but had very little joy, from there I seemed to move in different directions and totally forgot about them - until this challenge. Now you see why I had to take part hahahaha. The image I have used for this card is Spring Flowers by Conie Fong, one of the many artist whose images are available from Sweet Pea Stamps.
First stage - check out some tutorials on ways to use chalks successfully :) The tutorial which really appealed to me was using a clear stamp pad with rubber stamps and then chalking over. This made so much sense, just if you are interested, here is the URL of the tutorial I followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95w2E5ogSg
I decided to try and make my own backing paper
WOW - I am pretty pleased with the outcome and love the soft organic sort of look, chalks will now not be in a drawer never seeing light, think we have just become buddies hahaha.
Next I die cut my digi and then chalked the frame in the same way as I did the background, well almost the same way, I just dabbed my clear embossing pad on the edges of the frame and then applied the chalk,
The next bit of chalking was the tag, again I used the clear embossing bad to apply the sticky surface to my vellum then applied the chalk. On top of that I used a peel off sticker and then cut this out carefully.
Finally I made a charm dangly bit using a very special bead - they turquoise one. I have just come back from my hols and while away I found these wonderful beads hand made from recycled glass - just had to have them hahahaha.
I mounted my chalk stamped paper on card, added a lace bow with some of the same beads I used for the charm hanger. Next I attached the digi and frame and finished off with my tag sentiment, some flowers and a couple of butterflies. Now the completed front panel was complete I attached it to the card base with foam tape.
- Spring Flowers by Conie Fong available from Sweet Pea Stamps in both rubber and digi
- Colouring medium - image/Faber Castle Polychromous, background/chalks
- Die - cArt Decorative Oval Frames
- Tag - peel off sticker
- Charm, lace, vellum, flowers, butterflies etc. from my stash
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-
- Cards Galore Encore - M, P1, E3 Anything Goes!
- Country View Crafts' Challenge - M, P1 you must use something new to you (made my own background using chalks - new technique to me)
- Crafting Musketeers - M, P2, 1E #21 Hats/ Valentine
- Ladybug Crafts M,P1,3E Say it with Flowers
- Lia Stampz Challenge 1E,P15/29,SIO Anything goes
- My Artistic Adventures Challenges M P2/16 #1: Anything Goes
- Seemacrafts M,P1,E1 Anything Goes
- The Sisters of Craft M,P1 Anything Goes
- The Vintage Challenge P10/25,E3 must be vintage frame it
- Artbymiran Challenge - 2W , SIO, 3E, no digital projects - No.22 - (W2 of 2) - Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - W, 3E – #260 - Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede – W, 4E, SIO – No. 120 - Anything Goes
- That's Crafty! Challenge Blog - 2W, E3, Must be a UK resident - (W1 of 2) Blue
- 4 Crafty Chicks - W- #227 Celebrations
- Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - 2W 2E, SIO (tab at top of page)(W1 of 2) (new technique used)
- Dream it Up - M, SIO - Birthday Wishes
- Little Miss Muffet Challenges - 2W, 1E, SIO (challenges listed in tab at top) (W1 of 2) - #101 Something Blue