Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Artist Week where the whole DT use images for the same artist which this week is Teresa Sherman. I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Lillith which is available from the Sweet Pea Store.
Next I only used a black oil pastel pencil to colour the hair and add some shading to the face. Rather interesting and I did have fun. Those robots were not bugging me now hahahahaha
I had originally printed this image on a printable mirror paper but when I started colouring it in I really as not happy with the result. Time to try again this afternoon <g>. Now last night I had a bad night and got all wound up after watching the Science Channel for far to long. The final straw was a program on how robots are infiltrating our lives so much and the rolls they are expected to fill by, I think it was, 2029 - now that is only 15 years away!!!!! They estimate the cost of a personal robot in the home will fall in cost to make them readily available to the mass population. Hey no problem in that but they will also be so prominent in the workforce. Fine for the 'educated' behind a desk I guess but what about the manual labor force - the first that will more than likely be replaced. WOW lots of free time to enjoy oneself I hear you say but where does the money come from if you don't have a job because you have been replaced by a robot. All I could think of was the crime rate would shoot up as idle hands are the devils work!!!!! OK, I stop now hahahahaha, I could go on but won't. Needless to say I was not in the best of moods when I got up this morning but still had to do this card.
I then thought I would try something new, instead of colouring the image as usual I placed a gradient overlay over the image before printing.
Time to cut the digi - but I could not find a die I liked so in the end I decided to use a leaf die and create a sort of free flowing frame. Once I had glued the dies into position I then removed the excess part of the digi.
- Image - Lillith by Teresa Sherman available from the Sweet Pea Store.
- Black Promarker and black Faber Castle Polychromos
- Dies - Crafts Too Leaf Flourish
- Lace, glass gem etc. from my stash
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
- Fairytale Stampers - 3W, E1, must use stamp / digi stamp - #49 Everything Goes
- That Craft Place - 2W, 1E - Anything Goes
- The Corrosive Challenges - 2W, 3E - #214 Anything Goes - Final Challenge for 2014
- Sweet Stampin W, 2E, must Stamp Black & White with a splash of One other colour
- Left of Center Creative Challenges - W - No.59 - Black Christmas
- QKR Stampede – W, 4E, SIO – No. 118 - Lots of Layers
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx