Followers

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Anything Goes with an option of Tic Tac Toe


Challenge 141
Anything Goes with an option of Tic Tac Toe

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :) 


For this months Tic Tac Toe challenge I followed the line - Embossing, Buttons, Stitching Faux or Real.  

Ike's digi called Fat Kat was the perfect image to etch on the top of this tiny wooded bayonet box which is only big enough to hold a few Dreamies and and also closes using a mechanism which is cat proof lol.  We have a couple of adorable furbabies, a brother and a sister.  Bree, the sister is a real junk food eater but she has a figure we would all want - eat what you want and not get fat lol, oh how she loves her treats.  Often Jeeves, her brother, leaves his treats, he would rather sleep than be eating all the time ROFL so a wee cat proof pot is going to be very handy to pop his spare treats into.

My box design is called a bayonet box and was cut using 3mm plywood on a laser.  I etched the Fat Kat image and also faux stitching on the lid and designed and cut a small cat to use as a button too.   

After the cutting and etching the lid I wood stained it and then embossed it with gold embossing powder.


This looked great but the embossing powder did not hold well so I peeled it away the background and really blasted the melting of the embossing powder left on the cat area until it bubbled nicely lol.  A real distressed outcome but looks cool.  Next I sorted the attaching of cat button which was also wood stained.  


And as you can see, this really is a wee box, only big enough for a few treats - the perfect Fat Cat gift for the cat that needs to diet :) :) 







2 comments:

  1. Wow! what a stunning box love it Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeee !!!! This is AWESOME. Do you have a laser cutter thingy then ?????
    I love how the gold came out in the end.
    Give your furbabies a quick cuddle from me =^..^=

    Thank you for making this for me at IWC.
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi