Followers

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Hearts

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over and join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #101
Hearts

This fortnights challenge 'Hearts' has been chosen by Chriss.



For this challenge I have created a working Love Heart padlock with a key.  The design for the original padlock is by LaserDad but I made a few modifications to suit what I wanted the end product to look like.  The heart is made up of 5 layers of 3mm ply so pretty chunky and the key is 2 layers.  Once the cutting was done I then sanded, wood stained and then assembled then it was onto the final coats of varnish to finish off.  This was such a fiddly project lol and precision was imperative or the locking mechanism would not work so I am pretty chuffed I managed to achieve it lol.  Here is a pic of the inside of the locking mechanism to show how it works.


I am entering this project in the following challenges : 




1 comment:

  1. Omg, I love this wooden heart and love the locking mechanism inside. The stain is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi