Followers

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Tea Party

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #89
Tea Party

This fortnights challenge 'Tea Party' has been chosen by Hazel. Oh Hazel, you certainly got my brain cell working with this one ROFL.

I used a die cutting file by My Scrap Chick called Stacked Teacups for this card.  It is a file I have had for such a long time and never used but fitted this challenge perfectly.  Now I normally plan my cards before hand but for this one I went ahead and sorted the die cutting, had great fun using Distress Inks and gold stamping to make the tea cups and assembling it but then - brain freeze, I had no idea where to go next.  In the end it was more Distress inking and stencilling for the background, stamping some lace and creating the tag sentiment and once again everything fell to bits, it looked like rubbish :(.  More playing around and at the back of my mind knowing it would be at this point I would not know when to stop adding things, what I was trying was not working, but give up is not in my vocab so a cup of tea instead and walk away for a while.  Finally I raked out some gold trim I had lying around, added a bit more gold pen and a white doily.  The card seemed more balanced so no more to be done, quick take a picture so I would stop playing with it and hope when I next looked at it I would not be throwing it in the bin ROFL.  All that being said, I did have lots of fun and got nice and inky which always makes me happy.

I am entering this card in the following challenges : =


3 comments:

  1. I love the stacked cups and gold braid.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds as if it was difficult to get your brain to work but when it did it made an excellent job of this theme. lol It looks brilliant. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect images for the challenge. I love that sentiment you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi